Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Restaurants that are open on Thanksgiving Day 2008

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Restaurants that are open on Thanksgiving Day 2008

This topic contains 95 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  ilovethiscity 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 104 total)
  • Author

Has this been covered somewhere already?
    Much obliged.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I know that all of the Lessner joints are open on Holidays. I believe that Hounddog’s is as well.

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

Probably Waffle House also?

mrsosu21

My parents came into town because I had to work, and we ate at Cracker Barrel, which was surprisingly good for Thanksgiving dinner…

Rainment

Go to http://www.opentable.com and you’ll see that a few nicer restaurants are open Thanksgiving evening: G Michael’s, Smith and Wollensky, etc.

Thanks all. Great options. Open Table made it easy. My friend will appreciate it!

enzo
    Participant

We had awesome Thanksgiving Day at Lindey’s GV….it was great.

HeySquare
    Participant

If you want to splash out… I think Handke’s is open as well :)

misskitty
    Participant

if you want to traval and like nature I went to the

Mohican Resort and Conference Center (Ashland County)

will host a Thanksgiving Day buffet in the main dining room from noon to 4:30 p.m. Prices: adults, $21.95; seniors, $19.75; children 6-12, $9.95. Children age 5 and under eat free. A limited number of lodge rooms are still available for Thanksgiving night, beginning at $109 for two people in double room.

it was yummie lol and a nice walk after dinner

roy
    Participant

Clarmont is nice for traditional Thanksgiving, not too fancy/spendy, great martinis, excellent old school wait staff. 443-1125, free off-street parking (that’s for you, kittyswamp!).

enzo
    Participant

roy wrote Clarmont is nice for traditional Thanksgiving, not too fancy/spendy, great martinis, excellent old school wait staff. 443-1125, free off-street parking (that’s for you, kittyswamp!).

Oh yes, good call on teh Clarmont. I love going there……especially when they have someone playing the piano. It feels like family when you do not have family around. Cozy, but nice, unlike Cracker Barrel, cozy but hill billy’ish.

somertimeoh
    Participant

enzo wrote Cozy, but nice, unlike Cracker Barrel, cozy but hill billy’ish.

Would you like it better if they blasted EDM and sold glow necklaces instead of pancake mix? Why don’t you practice all that peace and love you preach and be a little less judgmental. Hill billy is not a very nice thing to say, in case you weren’t aware.

enzo
    Participant

If the bulk of your ancestors are hill billy’s you can say hill billy as much as you want.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

somertimeoh wrote Hill billy is not a very nice thing to say, in case you weren’t aware.

Correct. Hill William is much more appropriate. ;)

(Says the guy who’s got loads of family in Alabama)

Cookie

enzo wrote If the bulk of your ancestors are hill billy’s you can say hill billy as much as you want.

You can, but you still run the risk of giving people an unfavorable impression of you.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 104 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Join us for the Beer & Pretzel Pairing Party on November 3rd featuring Combustion Brewing & Happy Little Treats!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFO