Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Restaurants that are open on Christmas Eve/Day?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Restaurants that are open on Christmas Eve/Day?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 68 total)
  • Author

Talcott

hungrywoolf wrote >>
    I know that some of the Indian restaurants in Columbus are open on Christmas day. Udipi (on 161) and Reethiki (next to Kihachi) definitely are.

New India Restaurant on Bethel had a sign up saying they will be open on Christmas.

Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant

Tip Top Kitchen & Cocktails will be open:

11am-2:30am Christmas Eve
    5pm-midnight Christmas Day

http://www.tiptopcolumbus.com

BCNation
    Participant

I rode on the bus and saw that O’Reilly’s Pub (Clintonville) is open on both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

Porky
    Porky
    Participant

China Dysnasty will have their annual Christmas buffet on Christmas day!
    Fa ra ra ra ra!!!

Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant

Surly Girl Saloon:

Christmas Eve, 11am-2:30am
    Christmas Day, 6pm-midnight, limited menu

http://www.surlygirlsaloon.com

LBDD
    Participant

Hi all… very long time lurker, but this thread got me to sign up. On this same subject, does anyone know of any places that are open Christmas morning? It seems to me that the places that are open on Christmas, generally do so after noon. I’m looking for a place to grab breakfast before making the trek up north.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

welcome aboard.

sorry I can’t help with your question.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Possibly Waffle House for Breakfast? ;) Not sure about most others…

Black Creek Bistro on Parsons – They are open Xmas eve and have a phenomenal menu… Please see below

Dear JB,

Join Us For Christmas Eve!

Oh, the weather outside may be frightful, but the atmosphere at the Black Creek Bistro is delightful’ Christmas Eve is just around the corner, and what better way to spend the cold evening then at the Black Creek Bistro sharing dinner, drinks, and desserts with family and friends! Come on in for our Christmas Eve special menu of farm fresh holiday favorites!

Salad: Red wine poached pear on mixed baby greens with caramelized walnuts & crumbled bleu cheese.

Appetizer: Seafood trio- a combination plate of our famous calamari, shrimp, & salmon cakes.

Entrée Choices

Beef Tenderloin

stuffed with red peppers, onions, mushrooms and fresh herbs

Pecan Crusted Striped Bass

Striped bass with skin left on coated with crushed pecans, topped with a remoulade sauce

Brined Pork Loin

grilled to perfection with a red wine cranberry glaze.

1 1/4 Lb. Maine Lobster Savannah

Whole lobster stuffed with a medley of mushrooms, shrimp, & lobster, folded into a creamy béchamel. sauce

All entrée choices are paired with fresh accompaniment du jour.

Be sure to save room for an array of delectable desserts.

Bummed…….. because you are dying to try the mouth-watering lobster, but can’t make it out for Christmas Eve, well there is hope in sight! The Black Creek Bistro will be featuring the same mind-blowing menu for our annual New Years Celebration Dinner, so mark your calendars now!

It is that time again for the (614) Restaurant Week featuring the top 50 Restaurants in Columbus from January 17th through the 22nd. Black Creek is proud to be in the top 50, and will be concocting new imaginative three course meals with farm fresh favorites.

This past month Westbridge Camera Club paid a visit to Black Creek Farm in Canal Winchester to capture the magic behind the bistro. The colorful photographs currently on display range from jubilant sunflowers to quant architecture. The club’s work can be viewed and purchased until the end of January.

The folks at Black Creek Bistro are toasting a glass to you and yours to enjoy this holiday season with each other and we hope to see you soon!

Sincerely,
    Kent Peters
    Black Creek Bistro

dirtgirl
    Participant

Block’s Bagels on West Broad is open on Christmas morning (and today until 5)

hungrywoolf
    Participant

Pattycake Bakery in Clintonville will be open Christmas Day with their regular Sunday business hours of 11 am to 4 pm.

KarmenD
    Participant

Pattycake Bakery sounds like a great place to stop on the way to Moms!!
    Who else will be open this year for Eve/Day?

Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant

Jury Room will be open Xmas Eve 11am-midnight
    Jury Room will be open Xmas Day 6pm-midnight

Tip Top will be open Xmas Eve 11am-midnight
    Tip Top will be open Xmas Day noon-10pm

Dirty Frank’s will be open 11am-9pm
    Dirty Frank’s will be CLOSED on Xmas Day

Surly Girl & Betty’s will be open on Xmas Eve, hours TBD…more soon!

http://www.juryroomcolumbus.com
    http://www.tiptopcolumbus.com

I always go to Block’s on Xmas Day…YUM!

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

I’m going to Peking Dynasty on Livingston/College on Xmas Day Eve. OH YEAH!

Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant

Betty’s is open 11am-midnight on Xmas Eve
    Betty’s is CLOSED Xmas Day

Surly Girl Saloon is open 11am-midnight on Xmas Eve
    Surly Girl Saloon in open 6pm-midnight Xmas Day w/ a limited menu

Hope we see you!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 68 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: