Our City Online

Messageboard - Shopping Events & Deals

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Restaurant.com super Deal

Home Forums Events Shopping Events & Deals Restaurant.com super Deal

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

misskitty
    Participant

I thought this was pretty cool. I don’t know if anyone has purchased any gift certificates from here.

And I have not personally done so yet but I plan on it.

Right now restarants.com is having a sale on gift certificates they are 40% off. So the $25 dollar ones are $15 , $50 are $25 and $100 dollar ones are $40.

This is a good deal for local places I know Barcelona is on their list of participating restaurants.

But if you add a gift card to the cart then go to check out there is another spot for promotions If you place the word “heart” In the box and apply it you can get another 80% off making your $100 dollar gift certificate only $12 bucks. Sounded like a winner to me so I thought I would share.

Tenzo
    Participant

Sounds like a bug

Which I intend to go take advantage of right now

Tenzo
    Participant

hmmmm, They don’t show you the limitations on the certificate until AFTER you purchase. That blows.

They come in increments of $25 and
    1) Only one per table
    2) Only one per month
    3) Bill must be $35, BEFORE a 20% gratuity and tax is added.

They call them gift certificates. I see them more as coupons.
    I don’t think I would have purchased if I had known the limitations.

fonzette
    Participant

Definitely not a bug; they do the 80% off deal several times a year.

Also, it states on each restaurant’s listing, BEFORE you buy, what the minimum purchase is and any restrictions. It’s right underneath the button you use to add each certificate/coupon to the check-out cart.

jennyw
    Participant

+1 to what Fonzette said. I’d recommend signing up for the mailing list–they’ll notify you about such deals, and it isn’t spammy. The restrictions don’t bother me; I still think it’s a pretty tremendous deal. Just used a Trattoria Roma one last weekend to take my mom out for a birthday dinner.

albug_cbus

I have purchased and used these numerous times over the last year. They are a great way to save some money and I like that you can print them out yourself instead of waiting for it to be mailed. One word of advice though, be sure show it to your sever and ask about the limitations before you order anything. Almost every time I’ve used one, there have been other “unwritten” rules like it can’t be used towards alcohol (or a minimum portion of it must be towards food) or during other special promotions like happy hour.

DonnaTate

I’m wondering if GC’s could be used for the scotch tasting at Claddagh? Instead of spending $60, it would be $37.50 :)

DonnaTate

Just called…and that’s a no-go. :(

jennyw
    Participant

Yeah, I think most of them are food-only. The gift certificates are also not good during promotions like Restaurant Week.

Jared
    Jared
    Participant

Tenzo wrote >>
    hmmmm, They don’t show you the limitations on the certificate until AFTER you purchase. That blows.
    They come in increments of $25 and
    1) Only one per table
    2) Only one per month
    3) Bill must be $35, BEFORE a 20% gratuity and tax is added.
    They call them gift certificates. I see them more as coupons.
    I don’t think I would have purchased if I had known the limitations.

I read these requirements after I purchased a couple of certificates, but have found that restaurants don’t enforce them, other than one per table.

KSquared

Thanks misskitty! Scored a certificate to Barcelona!

LBOWACC

It is not a bug, restaurant.com has these discounts all the time. slickdeals.net posts them regularly.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘Shopping Events & Deals’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: