Our City Online

Messageboard - Art & Artists

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Rest in Peace, Jeff Abraxas

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Art & Artists Rest in Peace, Jeff Abraxas

This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  chaptal 8 years ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

chaptal
    Participant

If you live in the KLD or have seen the artwork by the Lincoln Theater and by Long Street, you have seen the artwork of Jeff Abraxas.

Jeff passed away today. He left us a lot of empty canvases to fill.

Here’s a link to his deviantart page.

http://jeffabraxas.deviantart.com/

You may also be able to find it on Facebook.

He left us way too soon.

FADulous

Just saw the murals he did just east of Hamilton Park Place- they are amazingly beautiful. He left a nice mark on Columbus’ landscape.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Wow, that’s a bummer to hear. :( Definitely brought some color to the area.

kkaiser
    Participant

^^^

That building is soon to be renovated into condos. I live very close by and have seen this guy’s art, and he will be missed. Without trying to be tacky, may I ask what happened to him?

lilbit
    Participant

I’m so sorry to hear he’s passed away. Life just isn’t fair.

chaptal
    Participant

[email protected] wrote >>
    WOSU radio did a short piece on Jeff Friday:
    http://www.publicbroadcasting.net/wosu/news.newsmain/article/0/0/1647152/WOSU.News/Columbus.Mural.Artist.Dies.At.39

Thank you for that link. Good to see the local media paying its respects.

VC,as his family affectionately called him from childbirth is greatly missed…but out of nowhere…this little unknown university known as “VC University(VCU)” came on the scene and stole our hearts in the College playoffs this year…yes, that’s what my nephew always did…with that smile and his cool demeanor along with his “all that” creative swagger…yes indeed, Jeff stole my heart and I’m glad he did…I love you “VC”…love is stronger than death…”Thank You” for living a quiet dignity and caring about your fellow man!!!…R.I.P.

VC,as his family affectionately called him from childbirth is greatly missed…but out of nowhere…this little unknown university known as “VC University(VCU)” came on the scene and stole our hearts in the College playoffs this year…yes, that’s what my nephew always did…with that smile and his cool demeanor along with his “all that” creative swagger…yes indeed, Jeff stole our hearts and I’m glad he did…I love you “VC”…love is stronger than death…”Thank You” for living a quiet dignity and caring about your fellow man!!!…R.I.P.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘Art & Artists’ is closed to new topics and replies.