Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Resch’s Bakery

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Resch’s Bakery

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

News
    Participant

Generations celebrate centennial of family-owned Resch’s Bakery, founded by German immigrants

By Mary Vanac

The Columbus Dispatch

Thursday July 5, 2012 5:21 AM

Like many customers of Resch’s Bakery, Mary Capehart has been a regular for decades. And on a recent day, she was treating her grandchildren, bringing a new generation of customer into the fold. “When I drove my daughter to Bishop Hartley, she always made me stop by Resch’s,” Capehart said. “I think it’s a wonderful place.”

READ MORE: http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/business/2012/07/05/100-candles.html

geoyui
    Participant

Never been to Resch’s, is it any good?

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

The iced fruit bars are easily one of my favorite sweets ever.

Twixlen
    Participant

I love love love getting the story behind their shop!!

@geoyui – It’s an awesome bakery. Old school. They do a classic cake (birthday cake style frosting) that is out of this world, and their donuts are excellent. One of the best glazed yeast donuts in town. And their apple fritter! And sour cream glazed donut stick! And maple donuts!

Holy crap, skipping lunch is disasters.

hivner1

Nom, nom, nom. I grew up on Resch’s so I might be a little biased, but I’d put them up next to any traditional baker in town. When I got married, we used 9″ Resch’s cakes as centerpieces (like 30 of them!). Each one of them was perfect and sadly none was left over for me. Great place!

geoyui
    Participant

Snarf said:
    The iced fruit bars are easily one of my favorite sweets ever.

Like popsicles? Are they filled with chunks of fruit (saw something on food network about homemade fruit bars)? Sounds tempting in this weather.

Twixlen said:
    They do a classic cake (birthday cake style frosting) that is out of this world, and their donuts are excellent.

Is the frosting like the whipped, creamy frosting or more granulated sugar type of frosting?

Donuts, mmmmmmmm.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

No like a gingery cookie bar with raisins and a thick icing that snaps as you break them, UGH so good.

dashinhilliard
    Participant

I usually get the classic sugary frosting – but they have many choices available for cake and frostings. The Granny Rolls are the best – think homemade cinnamon roll with caramel pecans and glaze – they’re sold 6 at a time and are to be savored, warmed, and slathered in butter with your morning coffee….

FoodFort
    Participant

brothermarcus
    Participant

My love for Resch’s knows no bounds. Good stuff.

AMEEKER
    Participant

<dreamyclouds>Resch’s.</dreamyclouds>

DavidF
    Participant

Yum!! They have a giant glazed doughnut that is awesome for diet cheating. Yes honey, I had a doughnut, just one doughnut.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: