Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Removal of J Gumbo fence and flowers downtown

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Removal of J Gumbo fence and flowers downtown

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 207 total)
  • Author

cr0m

scosan said:
    god forbid someone has a dissenting opinion. isnt this supposed to be a forum?
    idiots

scosan: Interests
    wang dang sweet puntang

Ummmm, yeah…

Jim Lauwers
    Participant

scosan said:
    idiots

hey man I was just wondering why you haven’t posted in four years that’s all

been pretty busy?

berdawn

Coathanger said:
    This has the makings of the most boring episode of THE WIRE ever.

LOL

Barcelona

Thank you Liz for everything you have done working with our City. You have paved the way for all of us small businesses.
    The City, the Mayor and City Council are becoming more responsive to our needs and trying to work with us when we face issues.
    But the Dept of Public Service is not any easy dept to work with. Every major issue that has come up that we have had to work with them (ie, parking meters, valet parking) has been a major struggle. This is just one more example of how they saw this is what the books say and we are going to enforce it as stated. No willingness to work with small business or think about the practicality of the rules. Maybe they need to be changed but that would take to much work on their part.
    I am hoping City Council and the Mayor will step in and stop this nonsense.
    Liz and the other small businesses are trying to build up our downtown and need all the help and support they can get.
    Liz and Chad, anything we can do to help with this fight, please let us know. You have the support of all of us small business owners!

misskitty
    Participant

Restaurants on Gay st. and business downtown are defiantly not the only people suffering at the hands of those public workers. My daycare provider has spent the last year trying to get her new center up and running. So much red tape and far too many headaches they kept canceling and dicking her around. She did everything with as much planning ahead as possible and the parents still ended up without a care for their kids during the day for two whole months. She just this week got past all the bullshit. Just think about how many people that effected negatively. I had my son with me at work and thank god he was on his good behavior and my employers are family like. Some of the ladies were not so lucky and had to quit their jobs because this late in the summer day camps are full.

So it’s a shame to see just how dysfunctional this department is they should fix it and I wonder why the mayor is not addressing it. That’s a pretty lame move on his part. I hope it all gets worked out for the people that are at least trying to do something.

KSquared

This reminds me that it’s really nice out, summer is almost over and Barcelona has a beautiful patio and delicious drinks.

Twixlen
    Participant

KSquared said:
    This reminds me that it’s really nice out, summer is almost over and Barcelona has a beautiful patio and delicious drinks.

“Summer is almost over” – shutcher face!! That makes me WANT to drink! ;)

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

scosan said:
    idiots

Keep it civil. Thanks.

rustbelt
    Participant

I lived in Cleveland for 10 years & watched friends with businesses have numerous troubles opening then dealing with city officials once they were open.

Some regret opening in Cleveland. Others try to tough it out. Some others see what’s going on & don’t bother dealing with Cleveland, taking their ideas & money elsewhere.

All while Cleveland should be doing everything possible to welcome just about any business within city limits.

I hope Columbus doesn’t become Cleveland.

Bear
    Participant

scosan said:
    idiots

Not to be disagreeable, but I don’t think anonymous defamation of character really rises to the level of “a dissenting opinion.”

dirtgirl
    Participant

misskitty said:
    My daycare provider has spent the last year trying to get her new center up and running. So much red tape and far too many headaches they kept canceling and dicking her around.

Good lord. I’m finding waiting lists for daycare to be a year or longer, which means I’m unavailable for full-time work and not producing much income tax revenue to the City. So counterproductive.

joev
    Participant

dirtgirl said:
    Good lord. I’m finding waiting lists for daycare to be a year or longer, which means I’m unavailable for full-time work and not producing much income tax revenue to the City. So counterproductive.

Jesus Christ!

SusanB
    Participant

e8453b

Doug Motz said:
    @ Liz – I didn’t know Kelsey had taken over the 311 Center. I used to volunteer there with the amazing Mary Funk. She must be absolutely spinning right now.

I miss Mary Funk So Much. She was an amazing Lady and friend

Jim Lauwers
    Participant

hey scosan if you’re afraid of ppl not agreeing with you just because it’s you, PM your thoughts to me and I’ll post them… people here already know I’m a jerk and Liz Lessner already knows I have enough “dirt” on her for a negative review…

[hear that liz lessner? I want all future meals comped or the girl gets it]

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 207 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: