Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Removal of J Gumbo fence and flowers downtown

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Removal of J Gumbo fence and flowers downtown

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 207 total)
  • Author

Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant

I miss Mary Funk and Lelia Cady at City Hall like no one’s business.

The City has not been the same since they’ve been gone. Small business suffers as a result of poor communication with the folks we’re left to deal with.

I’m grateful for the other Directors who have extended support. Tracie Davies has been an awesome help.

scosan
    Participant

I’m grateful for the other Directors who have extended support. Tracie Davies has been an awesome help.

nice way to cover your tracks.

too busy to make it to JG’s today? i guess its easier to support by making a few posts.

Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant

Actually

scosan said:

too busy to make it to JG’s today? i guess its easier to support by making a few posts.

Actually, I have a meeting with J Gumbo’s owner Chad so no, we won’t have time to eat gumbo. ; )

somertimeoh
    Participant

If Earl was to make his new mayoral campaign slogan, “I’ll dump Kelsey on inauguration day,” how many votes would he get based on that alone? His replacement could be scarier, but it would be hard to find a bigger jerk than Kelsey. Policies aside, he’s just not a very nice, cordial, or respectful person. For that alone, he deserves all the shit he gets.

Twixlen
    Participant

scosan said:

What the fuck are you talking about? Liz has specifically called out other directors/managers w/in various departments that have been awesome to work with. And then specifically called out the ones that aren’t.

Mark, is that you? Jayzuz.

Maybe you should have read the whole thread… ya know, before stepping in it.

catnfiddle
    Participant

@Scosan, I thought Liz has gone out of her way to praise the other parts of city government, only bewailing this one particular department. There are no tracks to cover. If you have a problem with BFOR or Liz, that’s one thing, but please call out people accurately if at all.

KSquared

scosan said:

Nice way to remain anonymous and make cowardly and inaccurate remarks.

somertimeoh
    Participant

scosan said:

Liz sticks her neck out A LOT in support of small businesses in our city. What are these tracks you think you’ve discovered?

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

scosan said:

Is it hard to see your computer screen with your head jammed up your ass?

scosan
    Participant

god forbid someone has a dissenting opinion. isnt this supposed to be a forum?
    idiots

chaptal
    Participant

scosan said:
    idiots

There is a difference between dissent and asshattery.

Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant

I’d love to find one small business that will post here (using their real name) in support of anyone at the Department of Public Service. Just one, any one real live person who owns a business that has had a positive experience at Public Service. Does anyone exist?

Thus far, we have a bunch of folks that clearly work for the Department posting anonymously in support of the Department they work for.

Is there anyone that doesn’t work for the Department who can say anything good about the Department? Seriously? Anyone?

I’d love to hear from that business.

Coathanger
    Participant

This has the makings of the most boring episode of THE WIRE ever.

catnfiddle
    Participant

scosan said:
    idiots

I can understand your dissenting opinion. We aren’t clones stepping in lockstep. However, you stated something inaccurate that could be refuted in this very thread (that Liz is only now “covering her tracks” and hasn’t had a nice thing to say about any Columbus government department). It knocks the knees out of the argument.

Rockmastermike
    Participant

scosan said:
    idiots

durp

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 207 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: