Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Removal of J Gumbo fence and flowers downtown

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Removal of J Gumbo fence and flowers downtown

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 207 total)
  • Author

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

CatariFuriosa said:
    Could you all please stop harassing me? I am trying to get my account disabled so my identifying features and comments are erased. I’ve already deleted my posts. I’m just trying to fade back into obscurity, PLEASE LET ME.

quoted for hilarity posterity.

2thDoc
    Participant

It is baffling to me that if Chad went through all the proper permitting and did his due diligence to maximize the esthetic and functionality of his storefront that he is being treated this way. When i was leaving work yesterday I witnessed the confrontation between jgumbos and dps. I didn’t realize what was going on at the time, but I didn’t offer my usual “hello” wave to Chad. He looked pissed. I am not a restauranteur, but I am a small business owner who chose downtown and want to see people and businesses succeed when all they are doing is improving downtown.

@jgumbos and @lizless–let the forum know details as this unfolds and what we can do to help.

Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant

A meeting is slated for Monday 8/15 at 4pm at 109 N Front Street, Room 300. The small business community appreciates your support and attendance.

As we have had several of these type of meetings in the past with minimal success, we implore Council Members, the Mayor and media to attend this meeting to finally hold the Department responsible for their continued actions.

Council Members and the Mayor claim to support small business. Now is their time to prove it.

berdawn

Rockmastermike said:
    no, that’s a smokescreen.

ed: which has since been edited out

Ah, thanks!

Bear
    Participant

CatariFuriosa said:
    Could you all please stop harassing me? I am trying to get my account disabled so my identifying features and comments are erased. I’ve already deleted my posts. I’m just trying to fade back into obscurity, PLEASE LET ME.

A recommendation, if I may? Don’t.

Clearly you got off on the wrong foot in this thread, and the other posters have blistered your hide as a result. That happens, and it’s no fun. (Well, ok, it is, actually, just not for you.)

But honestly, you wouldn’t be posting here if you didn’t care about the outcome. And fun and games (and anger) aside, most of the other people here do too. You’ll find that they’re as quick to forgive as they were to turn you into today’s piñata. Seriously. And if you’ve got some useful input here, it would be more than welcome.

So think about it.

jeffisbiking
    Participant

CatariFuriosa said:

Always think twice before you post. You don’t want to react/post while certain comments have angered you, as angry comments can easily escalate the situation and only make things worse. And once those comments are out there, they’re out there (as I notice your comments are captured by others quoting your previous posts), and these are out on a public forum. It’s very hard to take any of what you said back.

To comment on the actual situation, I’m dumbfounded that any city officials would actually act like this. If I wasn’t sure this was all legit, I’d think someone was trying to pose as a public official with the intent to be a jerk.

“Could you all please stop harassing me? I am trying to get my account disabled so my identifying features and comments are erased. I’ve already deleted my posts. I’m just trying to fade back into obscurity, PLEASE LET ME.”

Not so simple. If you do in fact work for/have a connection with the department in question here, you made a very obvious, very public threat to the small business owners said agency is accused of threatening/harassing. You have reinforced their position. There is no undo button on proving the other side’s point…

The major issue here is that they went through the process, paid the fees, and were approved. Everything from that point on is harassment pure and simple. City – way to treat the people that responded with their time/money/energy to YOUR request for more business downtown.

scosan
    Participant

how funny. liz lessner biting the hands that feed her. she trys to sound like she’s down with the commoners when she is really getting propped up by the city, conv visitors bureau etc. nice try liz

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

scosan said:
    how funny. liz lessner biting the hands that feed her. she trys to sound like she’s down with the commoners when she is really getting propped up by the city, conv visitors bureau etc. nice try liz

can someone interpret this for me? i don’t speak shitmouth.

Rockmastermike
    Participant

scosan said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Liz is only “propped up” by the packed dining rooms at her restaurants…

Rockmastermike
    Participant

CatariFuriosa said:

no. you and your public threat that employees of a city agency will retaliate in an organized way for statements made against that agency are here to stay.

Protip: if you don’t want something on the internet forever, don’t put it there to begin with.

Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant

How has anyone propped me up?

I’d love to hear because I had no idea!

To date the only incentives I’ve received are delayed openings of restaurants due to the City’s regulatory agencies, lost business due to City actions and constant harassment from Public Service.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Dirty Franks could have a “Mark Kelsey Dog” where it’s a hot dog that’s not a hot dog, but it’s $100 and someone from the kitchen comes out and buttfucks you.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 207 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: