Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Removal of J Gumbo fence and flowers downtown

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Removal of J Gumbo fence and flowers downtown

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 207 total)
  • Author

drew
    Participant

CatariFuriosa said:
    Sometimes it’s a good idea to not blame an entire agency based off a single office/division thereof. A contributor to this thread lost my business several months ago by ranting about an agency they had never approached and essentially calling for our heads. Keep in mind that bureaucrats dine out quite frequently downtown and throughout the city.

Anyone else find this post hilarious?

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

CatariFuriosa said:
    Sometimes it’s a good idea to not blame an entire agency based off a single office/division thereof. A contributor to this thread lost my business several months ago by ranting about an agency they had never approached and essentially calling for our heads. Keep in mind that bureaucrats dine out quite frequently downtown and throughout the city.

elaborate please.

Twixlen
    Participant

drew said:
    Anyone else find this post hilarious?

Yes. *nods*

Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant

If known members of the agencies (Kelsey, Tilton, Bowman, Reyser) showed up at our restaurants to dine (like Public Health or Building Services are known to often do), we could discuss our problems with them. I can assure you Kelsey, Tilton and Bowman aren’t darkening any of our doorways or having proactive discussions with any of us.. And given their treatment of restaurateurs, I’m not sure they’d be welcome by many of us anyway.

Our health inspector had lunch at our restaurant yesterday, we had a great conversation about some issues some restaurants in the community have recently been facing. We were delighted when Dr. Long brought her daughter to Betty’s for a mock health inspection with her daughter for Take Your Daughter to Work Day. Earlier this week I had coffee with Director Davies at Surly Girl to discuss helping Hooligan’s reopen. This is how functional, collaborative agency partners work.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

CatariFuriosa said:
    Keep in mind that bureaucrats dine out quite frequently downtown and throughout the city.

So you’re saying that business owners should keep quiet or face retribution?

SusanB
    Participant

You know it’s a problem if the city isn’t listening to Ms. Lessner. She has done an amazing amount of good for downtown Columbus. As someone who served as my civic’s president for many years I have had a lot of interactions with folks that work for the city of Columbus. They certainly run the gamut, as that some of them were the greatest folks that I have ever met and some of them were the biggest a holes on the planet. Ultimately Mayor Coleman is responsible as that he appoints the department heads who then hire everyone else.

cbus11

Agreed, Kelsey is in an appointed position. If he is a liability to the City then the Mayor needs to step up.

Josh Lapp
    Josh Lapp
    Participant

I wish there was a way to post the twitterfeud from yesterday. It was quite comical. +1 for downtown businesses!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

CatariFuriosa said:

@Walker
    : I’m certain that you have refused to patronize establishments in the past. I have every right to do the same. Business owners should keep in mind that their customer base is diverse and will take offense.

Sure, you have every right to that.

After all… this is WAR isn’t it? We should all be picking sides and figuring out which businesses to blackball and which public officials to point fingers at rather than working toward a solution.

berdawn

Jeni’s laid off hundreds of ppl???

Rockmastermike
    Participant

berdawn said:
    Jeni’s laid off hundreds of ppl???

no, that’s a smokescreen.

ed: which has since been edited out

Also, if certain people in this agency are so hurt by Liz’s comments about how poorly run their agency is, isn’t it their duty to the agency and the public in general to encourage some kind of resolution to the problems instead of just whining about not patronizing these restaurants?

Grow the hell up, get a clue, and do your damned job.

If you really don’t feel like dining there, that’s fine, it’s one less person in line in front of me to get a table.

KSquared

Rockmastermike said:
    no, that’s a smokescreen.

Also, if certain people in this agency are so hurt by Liz’s comments about how poorly run their agency is, isn’t it their duty to the agency and the public in general to encourage some kind of resolution to the problems instead of just whining about not patronizing these restaurants.

Grow the hell up, get a clue, and do your damned job.

If you really don’t feel like dining there, that’s fine, it’s one less person in line in front of me to get a table.

+1

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

SusanB said:
    You know it’s a problem if the city isn’t listening to Ms. Lessner. She has done an amazing amount of good for downtown Columbus. As someone who served as my civic’s president for many years I have had a lot of interactions with folks that work for the city of Columbus. They certainly run the gamut, as that some of them were the greatest folks that I have ever met and some of them were the biggest a holes on the planet. Ultimately Mayor Coleman is responsible as that he appoints the department heads who then hire everyone else.

I like this.

WTF COLEMAN!?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 207 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION