Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Removal of J Gumbo fence and flowers downtown

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Removal of J Gumbo fence and flowers downtown

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 196 through 207 (of 207 total)
  • Author

Rockmastermike
    Participant

Walker said: A city official told business owners code enforcement officers were driven by public complaints.[/i]

But, records obtained by WOSU show there were hardly any public complaints about sidewalk obstructions on Gay Street.

READ MORE: http://beta.wosu.org/news/2011/09/01/columbus-city-records-show-few-gay-street-complaints/

lol

someone’s pants are on fire

love the foia

Jim Lauwers
    Participant

I’d love to hear Capital Crossroads’ reaction to this.

hugh59
    hugh59
    Participant

He lied. He lied to us. Terminate him. Immediately.

Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant

This is funny:

The one complaint about the sidewalk being damaged was actually filed by Chad McCoury, the owner of J. Gumbo’s.

bastardsuperstar
    Participant

this:

hugh59 said:
    He lied. He lied to us. Terminate him. Immediately.

+

= epic win.

(i told you he would never consciously betray the DPS.)

cbus11

Capital Crossroads was stirring the pot? No wonder they never got back to Liz.

SusanB
    Participant

One of Columbus’ public officials lying to the public to cover his ass? Shocked I tell you, I’m shocked.

murfmurphy
    murfmurphy
    Participant

I want to commend Chad for finding a truly unique way of solving the issue of blind people not being able to search out the flower baskets hanging on the fence at waist level. I noticed on Friday that there is one flower basket hanging at the top of the fence, and a second identically sized flower basket at the bottom of the fence. Right in the area that someone with a cane could hit, and then avoid. Well done!

Rockmastermike
    Participant

murfmurphy said:
    I want to commend Chad for finding a truly unique way of solving the issue of blind people not being able to search out the flower baskets hanging on the fence at waist level. I noticed on Friday that there is one flower basket hanging at the top of the fence, and a second identically sized flower basket at the bottom of the fence. Right in the area that someone with a cane could hit, and then avoid. Well done!

hey, that is rather clever.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Related news from the other side of the world…

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/sep/05/istanbul-cafes-lose-outdoor-tables

At least Columbus isn’t alone in these types of issues.

hugh59
    hugh59
    Participant

murfmurphy said:

You had better be right about this Chad. I’m taking an awful risk.

ChadM
    Participant

More great things happening on Gay Street. The banners mentioned in this CU piece are beginning to be installed. A great, visual impact to a growing, vibrant district. Various advocacy issues, such as the proposed parking meter increases and the outdoor dining issues, mobilized area businesses and organizations to form a Gay Street District non-profit group spearheading exciting projects for the area.

As an update to the original topic of this thread, the Gay Street Collaborative is currently part of a committee working with the city (Dept of Public Service) to update/revise code, policies, procedures and applications regarding outdoor dining leases.

Gay Street Grows Brighter with New Banner Installation

Viewing 12 posts - 196 through 207 (of 207 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION