Our City Online

Messageboard - Shopping

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

"Reduction" Short North Retail Warehouse Sale!!!!!!

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Shopping “Reduction” Short North Retail Warehouse Sale!!!!!!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author

dckareem
    Participant

The ‘warehouse’ part is confusing me… is 1201 N. High a warehouse?

No its not a warehouse. A warehouse sale is just a typical name used when retailers have large sells when they are getting rid of merchandise at cost or below cost.

alison

But the sale is *at* 1201 N. High, right? Not sale merch at all the different stores?

The Wayfarer
    Participant

drew wrote >>
    The ‘warehouse’ part is confusing me… is 1201 N. High a warehouse?

I feel like that part is pretty unclear. I want to go to this event, but I can’t discern if there’s a specific location where all this is going down or if each of the stores will be offering sales at their locations?

greenhouse1014
    Participant

hy-caliber wrote >>
    shopshortnorth.blogspot.com. Hopefully you can get glasses.lol

Hopefully you can find a graphic designer. Need one, PM me. As a designer, this is what really pisses me off sometimes. People think a trained monkey can do good design but there’s a lot of thinking that goes into doing the work before you even touch the pen or computer. Legibility is one of them and you can this is a perfect example of how a good event (which I think it really will be) can be glossed over, forgotten, trashed by bad design. Think about it. It’s more important than you think. Legibility, information flow, making sure the important points stick out, etc. so people can focus on teh message not the media.

greenhouse1014
    Participant

hy-caliber wrote >>

‘m going to offer 5 seconds of honest criticism then move on.
    I clicked on this, because retail sales in the Short North interest me.
    I ALMOST clicked away instantly because I was sure I’d clicked on some DJ night named Reduction…despite my initial reaction read on.
    I realized it was actually a good thing, but was amazed I’d actually worked my way through the flier to find that information.
    Great event.
    Shitty flier.
    Fix it.

talk to the designer. He said the point is to focus on the stores and the location. Your funny, i am starting to like you after every post.

he failed. miserably. fire him. find someone who doesn’t just do it as a hobby.

Angel

so where is it?

i love me some substance.

Coreroc

th0m wrote >>
    this is a hard balance in design to push the envelope but not to confuse your target audience.

If that flyer is pushing the envelope then I will throw in the graphic design towel right now!

Tigertree

Personally I like the flyer a lot. I think it’s great and current visually. I know I cannot look at it from an outsiders perspective since I know all of the information already. It’s like the difference between someone hearing a song for the first time and someone next to him hearing song for the first time with the liner notes, you might receive a totally different message.
    Saying things like “he failed. miserably. fire him. find someone who doesn’t just do it as a hobby.” not knowing anything about him or seeing further examples of his work makes you look like a dick.

greenhouse1014
    Participant

Tigertree wrote >>
    Personally I like the flyer a lot. I think it’s great and current visually. I know I cannot look at it from an outsiders perspective since I know all of the information already. It’s like the difference between someone hearing a song for the first time and someone next to him hearing song for the first time with the liner notes, you might receive a totally different message.
    Saying things like “he failed. miserably. fire him. find someone who doesn’t just do it as a hobby.” not knowing anything about him or seeing further examples of his work makes you look like a dick.

I may seem like a dick, and its not the worst thing I’ve been called, but this is what I do for a living and I take design very seriously. I get personally offended by bad design so I guess thats what makes me so harsh. This just seems like the kind of crap that those trying to make their living from design face every day. I had a client today tell me that he’s got people coming to him every day trying to get his business away from me by telling him that they’ll do the work for free. These folks damage the market by pushing down the rate at which designers who are trying to make a life charge.

OK, so maybe I was a little harsh, but the flip comments from the OP and my mood took me there. I’m done with my ranting. Beautiful flier. Great use of art deco fonts and themes, although where art deco fits in, I know not (ok, sorry, that was the last one. Oh, and its not really “current”

But I still think everyone should go to the event, if we could find out exactly where it is. I’m sure it’ll be great. I may even free up some budget to make it my damn self.

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

1201 N. High St is near the corner of W 5th Ave and High St.
    Google maps is saying it looks like where that ‘best uniform and apparal’ place was that closed.

Tigertree stated in this other thread that it is next door to 1201.

So that is the general area.

suziwest
    Participant

Thank you CU readers for the constructive feedback. It is appreciated and noted. Retail posts regarding closing stores and the ill state of retail are a prevalent downer. I commend the involved retailers for getting off of their arses and collectively banning together to make business happen. So DO attend! I for one, am completely enamored with the “construction paper” signs on High street that promote rice pudding. Grass roots marketing gets me every time….even as a pseudo-professional-marketer-retailer.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)

The forum ‘Shopping’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: