Our City Online

Messageboard - Politics

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Former Redflex CEO Pleads Guilty to Bribery Charges

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Politics Former Redflex CEO Pleads Guilty to Bribery Charges

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 172 total)
  • Author

Hamsterdam
    Participant

Oh, he’s still going to win. You think the CU rank-and-file, the Short North Elite and other connected businesses won’t be supporting him through November?

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

This will be very interesting to watch unfold, to say the least.

On a side note, big win for the Dispatch in an otherwise gloomy couple of weeks for them.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

CU rank-and-file

Cool made up term, bro.

Aaron Marshall
    Participant

Let’s cut to the chase here folks.
    The question of the day is what does the Columbus city charter say about replacing candidates for mayor in a non-partisan election? You tell me the answer to that and I will look into my crystal ball for you.

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

Meanwhile, the Franklin County GOP has its first opening in a while to make some noise.

taxguy17
    Participant

Let’s cut to the chase here folks.<br>
    The question of the day is what does the Columbus city charter say about replacing candidates for mayor in a non-partisan election? You tell me the answer to that and I will look into my crystal ball for you.

From the city charter:

Sec. 41-6. – Replacement upon death, disqualification or withdrawal of candidate.
    (a)
    If a person nominated by petition as a candidate for the office of city council member or for mayor, city attorney, or auditor, at a nonpartisan primary election, if such an election is to be held for the office sought by such candidate, dies, is disqualified or withdraws before such primary election, the vacancy so created may be filled in the manner and by the deadline provided for in general laws of the state, unless otherwise provided by this charter or ordinance of council.
    (b)
    If a person is either nominated in the primary election as a candidate for the office of council member or for mayor, city attorney, or auditor, for the next subsequent general election or certified as a candidate for the next subsequent general election according to this charter, and such candidate dies, is disqualified, or withdraws before such general election, the vacancy so created may be filled in the manner and by the deadline established in general laws of the state, unless otherwise provided by this charter or ordinance of council.
    (Ord. No. 1748-2014, 7-21-2014)

ColumbusTime
    ColumbusTime
    Participant

FYI, the original dispatch article has been updated and has a lot more info.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2015/06/19/0619-ginther.html

My guess – Ginther is still probably going to win unless he’s indicted. Even then he may win.

El Diablo Einstein
    Participant

He has been named, why has he not been arrested and charged?

ColumbusTime
    ColumbusTime
    Participant

My totally wild-assed uneducated guess is that it would be hard to prove unless they have proof Ginther directly solicited a bribe by making the request himself. Unless a staffer is caught red handed and flips on him.

dubdave00
    Participant

You think the CU rank-and-file, the Short North Elite and other connected businesses won’t be supporting him through November?

Don’t forget the Rand Corporation, in conjunction with the saucer people, under the supervision of the reverse vampires…

Pablo
    Participant

GeeDee
    Participant

He has been named, why has he not been arrested and charged?

Subpoenas have been issued so it is clear an investigation is underway.

Aaron Marshall
    Participant

“the vacancy so created may be filled in the manner and by the deadline established in general laws of the state, unless otherwise provided by this charter or ordinance of council.”

Not sure what that means.
    My guess is there is a way to swap him out for a new candidate, and it will be done.

jackoh
    Participant

“the vacancy so created may be filled in the manner and by the deadline established in general laws of the state, unless otherwise provided by this charter or ordinance of council.”

Not sure what that means.<br>
    My guess is there is a way to swap him out for a new candidate, and it will be done.

Could Coleman come back?

Aaron Marshall
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Aaron Marshall wrote:</div>

Not sure what that means.<br><br>

Could Coleman come back?

Yes

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 172 total)

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The 6th Annual Columbus Dessert Festival Returns!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFO