Our City Online

Messageboard - Politics

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Former Redflex CEO Pleads Guilty to Bribery Charges

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Politics Former Redflex CEO Pleads Guilty to Bribery Charges

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 172 total)
  • Author

taxguy17
    Participant
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Wow.

El Diablo Einstein
    Participant

Why haven’t these officials been arrested? What are they waiting for? No fines will do, only jail time and the removal of the cameras.

Cbussmallbiz
    Participant

How in gods name can anybody be surprised. The moral failures of Ginther aren’t a Fox News conspiracy!

Hamsterdam
    Participant

Yikes.

Will he be at PRIDE tomorrow?

ColumbusTime
    ColumbusTime
    Participant

The fact that Ginther solicited the money as a “success fee” is so damn slimy. More people than the Redflex official should be indicted.

What does this do to the Ginther coronation?

Cbussmallbiz
    Participant

The reason the unions want Ginther is to screw the average citizens for the benefit of the public employees. The last time I posted about this Core told me I can’t read! So again here’s a link to a business first article that lays it out. We are getting shafted by the democratic machine! Worse underfunding second only to California! http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/print-edition/2015/06/05/ohio-public-pension-systems-face-second-largest.html

ColumbusTime
    ColumbusTime
    Participant

Just remember, red light cameras are only used for safety, everybody.

Cbussmallbiz
    Participant

It’s not hard to imagine at least one poor single parent getting one of theses tickets and that ticket being the spark that caused them to go broke, lose license or get bench warrant or something else crapy.

Friendoffacts
    Friendoffacts
    Participant

Pay to play has its downside too. It not all just cool new development and tax breaks…..

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

It’s not hard to imagine at least one poor single parent getting one of theses tickets and that ticket being the spark that caused them to go broke, lose license or get bench warrant or something else crapy.

I watch John Oliver to.

WHW
    Participant

I vote democrat, identify as liberal, and refuse to associate in any way with the Ohio Democratic Party. This state is too split to have this kind of unmitigated mess of a state party. It’s incredible. The ODP needs to basically just burn to the ground now and then built back up from the ground up because the incompetency (and apparently corruption) are systemic. It seemed to come to a head with the Fitzgerald disaster but the ODP escaped the scrutiny needed in light of the issues with that campaign. This can’t be ignored now that it involves a rising “star” (too early to send congratulations to Mayor Scott?) and the actual party acting as a knowing intermediary. I am just blown away. If you are going to engage in bribery, at least swing for the fences – not $20k (jk).

Cbussmallbiz
    Participant

So cool! I don’t get the HBOs thnks

nexttuesday
    Participant

This makes me so happy. On top of these “tickets” being unconstitutional, they were instituted by bribes. Now all these little yeah-rah red-light camera a**holes can cry all the way to obsolescence.

laikaorbit
    Participant

The real question: Can Ginther still run if he’s convicted? Say, if he pleas down to misdemeanor? I doubt it, right? Despite all of this I could see him still winning due to his HUGE fundraising lead and name recognition.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 172 total)

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Local journalism is more important than ever. Please take a moment to read a bit about our mission and consider financially supporting our cause.

CLICK HERE