Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Redevelopment of Little Brothers, Plasma Donation & House of Cigar

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Redevelopment of Little Brothers, Plasma Donation & House of Cigar

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

groundrules
    Participant

I can’t believe that lil’ bros was run out over rent issues, and that the building has sat empty and rent-less (minus a brief interlude as Liquid) since. I’m always surprised when someone can seemingly demand a higher rent, yet afford to sit on it vacant. whatever, onward and upward…

mbeaumont
    Participant

I think it’s being used for plasma storage. I’m pretty sure the plasma place is paying rent on it. Not saying this isn’t equally depressing.

dru
    Participant

I think it’s being used for plasma storage. I’m pretty sure the plasma place is paying rent on it. Not saying this isn’t equally depressing.

The blood/plasma place is no longer there. It moved up north of King Ave.
    Also if Corso owns these properties, then it is not the same landlord that jilted Little Brothers and was reportedly using it for plasma.

zp945
    Participant

It has been, and seems to continue to be, owned by the same person since at least 2000.

http://property.franklincountyauditor.com/_web/datalets/datalet.aspx?mode=profileall&sIndex=0&idx=1&LMparent=20

Maybe the transfer to Corso has not shown up on the auditors site yet. Maybe they are partners in the deal.

smegs
    smegs
    Participant

I would love a laundromat bar or book shop cafe here. Something different.

welkstar
    welkstar
    Participant

Each time a storefront is all papered up for renovations in the Short North, I wish for a bookshop.

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

I too would love a book store. There is a space down by Victorian Gate that kind of sits back. I think it was most recently a pet store and then a furniture store. I had always thought that that would make a good book store.

Pablo
    Participant

^I believe that used to be a book store in the 90s – An Open Book.

Mike88
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>smegs wrote:</div>

Each time a storefront is all papered up for renovations in the Short North, I wish for a bookshop.

I agree with both of these so much…

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Wishing for a new bookstore is about as fruitless as wishing for a new CD store or DVD rental business to open up.

Unless you’re holding out for an Amazon store to open…. ;)

NOV 7, 2015 @ 08:35 AM 3,150 VIEWS
    What Does Amazon’s First Brick-And-Mortar Bookstore Tell Us About The Future?

Amazon’s decision to open its first brick-and-mortar store in Seattle is an interesting new departure for Amazon, but it also offers us the chance of some enlightenment on some of the larger questions of business, in both online and physical worlds. Here are two questions to bear in mind as you watch developments.

READ MORE: http://www.forbes.com/sites/alastairdryburgh/2015/11/07/what-does-amazons-first-bricks-and-mortar-bookstore-tell-us-about-the-future/

dru
    Participant

^I believe that used to be a book store in the 90s – An Open Book.

It was an Open Book in mid-2000s. I do believe it was their last location after a few moves.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Urban Living Tour returns (with strict safety guidelines) on Aug 30!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS