Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Redevelopment of Keyes Plumbing Building - Barley's Brewing + Residential

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Redevelopment of Keyes Plumbing Building – Barley's Brewing + Residential

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

The Keyes Plumbing building, just off the Front and Vine St. intersection, has been purchased for a forthcoming mixed use development:

“We think it will be some sort of retail/production facility-related opportunity on the first floor with commercial office or residential on the second and third floors.”

bayrea
    Participant

I always wanted to buy that building if I won the lottery and put an indoor pool in the warehouse part and live in the tower. The only down side is your balls will probably start glowing green after a few weeks from living 10ft away from the high tension wires.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Bayrea, have you been inside that building?

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

When is that surface lot next to this building going to be redeveloped. Here’s a little idea I had about a year ago:

beersie1
    Participant

I’m 90% sure there is/was an indoor pool already in there. Could’ve swore I saw a listing a couple years ago..not kidding.

thirstychef
    Participant

Maybe Mr. Dion could buy up that whole strip from the Keyes building to the Endzone and develop that corridor into something nice!

News
    Participant

Barley’s Expanding Brewing Operations to Renovated Vine Street Building
    March 23, 2015 4:39 pm – Walker Evans

The Keyes Plumbing building is a prominent empty building at 111-115 Vine Street, noteworthy for the fact that it’s well maintained and yet vacant in an otherwise busy stretch between The Arena District and The North Market. That is planned to change soon as new owners are proposing a renovation for the building, which will partially house an expanded brewing operation for Barley’s Brewing Company.

READ MORE: http://www.columbusunderground.com/barleys-expanding-brewing-operations-to-renovated-vine-street-building

King Gambrinus
    King Gambrinus
    Participant

Am I the only one that thinks this is kind of a waste? I mean it’s definitely an improvement over an empty building, and maybe they’ll add a tap room or something, but to take such an interesting building on such a busy corner so close to the convention center and turn it into an industrial use seems like a bit of a miss.

Gus W
    Gus W
    Participant

Yeah, I’m a bit bummed out by this. There has to be other, cheaper space to put a brewing operation.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Am I the only one that thinks this is kind of a waste? I mean it’s definitely an improvement over an empty building, and maybe they’ll add a tap room or something, but to take such an interesting building on such a busy corner so close to the convention center and turn it into an industrial use seems like a bit of a miss.

I dunno… a mix of uses makes a neighborhood IMHO. Having some light industrial/manufacturing jobs in the mix sounds like a fine idea to me. It’s a pretty small building/site anyway, so it’s not like it would be adaptable to a convention-style reuse (hotel?).

mbeaumont
    Participant

I think it’s great. My dream is that one day Park St will be a full on North Market district like the area around Pike Place Market in Seattle with Brothers, Gaswerks, etc giving way to more Market stalls, so uses like this are a small step towards that, imo. I’d also love to see Park St. pedestrian only as well, but alas.

News
    Participant

Barley’s Expansion Would Triple Brewing Capacity
    March 28, 2015 3:37 pm – Walker Evans

Earlier this week, we learned that Barley’s Brewing Company has plans to relocate their beer-making operations just two blocks away to a vacant warehouse structure across the street from BBR. While Jason Fabian, General Manager at Barley’s, says that no lease has been signed yet, he said that the project is moving forward steadily and has been something they’ve been working on for awhile.

READ MORE: http://www.columbusunderground.com/barleys-expansion-will-triple-brewing-capacity

OSUKiltGuy
    Participant

I was in this building last summer. The Keyes were still living there and having a garage sale as they prepared to move out. There is still a pool in the half of the warehouse closest to the tower part of the building. The warehouse currently has a giant concrete block wall separating the pool room from the garage portion of the building.

jOHnH
    Participant

Just saw yesterday that this building is back on the market. Did the plans fall through on the expansion? Anyone heard any updates….

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Just saw yesterday that this building is back on the market. Did the plans fall through on the expansion? Anyone heard any updates….

The expansion in that spot is no longer happening, but the expansion is not cancelled. Should be hearing more soon about the new location, as well as an update on the new use planned for that building. ;) Stay tuned!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: