Our City Online

Messageboard - Columbus Festivals

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Red White & Boom 2012

Home Forums Events Columbus Festivals Red White & Boom 2012

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 73 total)
  • Author

News
    Participant

July 3rd, 2012

Quote:
    The 2012 Red, White & BOOM! Fireworks Show will begin at 10 p.m. along the Scioto River in downtown Columbus. Since its inception in 1981, Red, White & BOOM! has evolved into central Ohio’s premier Independence Day celebration.

MORE: http://www.redwhiteandboom.org/

yekcoh23

I am new to the Short North area, anybody know if Red, White and Boom is visible from Gooddale Park?

btmarquis

yekcoh23 said:
    I am new to the Short North area, anybody know if Red, White and Boom is visible from Gooddale Park?

It is. Folks gather on the southern edge of the park to watch.

yekcoh23

Thank you very much btmaquis.

izzlemoxle

Does anyone have any suggestions of what might be a good restaurant/bar to see the fireworks from? I have to work that day, and I don’t want to get mixed up in the crowds.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

izzlemoxle said:
    Does anyone have any suggestions of what might be a good restaurant/bar to see the fireworks from? I have to work that day, and I don’t want to get mixed up in the crowds.

There’s really not too many bars/restaurants that face the area where the fireworks shoot off from since it’s not a great view the other 364 days per year. Most Downtown restaurants/bars have buildings blocking the view…

Neil Jaye

I think the River Club at Confluence Park does a big event for RW&B. They have a great view of the city and the fireworks from their patio. I do not know any details, but I am sure you could call them for info.

Neil Jaye

Neil Jaye said:
    I think the River Club at Confluence Park does a big event for RW&B. They have a great view of the city and the fireworks from their patio. I do not know any details, but I am sure you could call them for info.

Plus they have on-sight parking, so no long walks.

cheap

parking lot at the time warner building is a nice spot

if they kick you out,just park off the road.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

The off ramp grass inside the Grandview Ave exit is a Carney Cultural Experience.

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

from 200columbus newsletter:
    This year’s installment of Central Ohio’s famous Red, White & BOOM! Independence Day celebration will be bigger and better than ever as organizers celebrate Columbus’ Bicentennial. Highlights include a longer fireworks show as well as a “birthday surprise.” In addition, there will be more concessions, new games and activities and a longer parade on a new route.

Ballpark Boom
    Looking for a different way to experience Red, White & BOOM!? Check out Ballpark Boom, where you can enjoy the fireworks from the comfort of Huntington Park. In addition to a wide range of activities the whole family can enjoy, there will be live entertainment by the Street Players and McGuffey Lane. Tickets are just $5. In addition, to make the event accessible to all members of our community, 200Columbus, in partnership with Huntington Bank, has a limited number of free tickets available for economically disadvantaged families, and is working with community centers on each side of the city to distribute them.

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

Stay at the Arena Grand after Red White and Boom for:
    Join us after Red, White, and Boom for $5.00 movies (3D $7.00)! Sit in a movie and skip the traffic!
    http://www.arenagrand.com/

Porky
    Porky
    Participant

We have watched a movie the last couple of years after RW&B and it’s pretty awesome to come out a couple of hours later and for all the traffic to be cleared out.

jOHnH
    Participant

izzlemoxle said:

For $185 a person you can have dinner and drinks while watching the fire works from M’s patio. Pricey but would be a great view.

murfmurphy
    murfmurphy
    Participant

Is there anything happening at 400 W Rich, or Dinin’ Hall that night? Seems like they might have a good spot to hang out before crossing under the railroad tracks to see the fireworks.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 73 total)

The forum ‘Columbus Festivals’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: