Our City Online

Messageboard - Columbus Festivals

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Red White and Boom viewing from Arena District

Home Forums Events Columbus Festivals Red White and Boom viewing from Arena District

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

scooby3r

So I will be moving into Burnham Square Condos in June, and plan to watch Red White and Boom from McPherson Commons. That is the grassy area across from the hockey arena. I was wondering if anyone has viewed the fireworks from here before? If so, do you have a suggestion on where to sit to get the best view? Are there any other tips for downtown viewing, as I haven’t been downtown to see the fireworks in several years. Thanks.

Brewmaster

I’d sit anywhere you can find a few blades of grass. McPherson Commons is typically packed (just like every other greenspace along the river).

Seriously though, McPherson is pretty wide open and every spot should have a good view of the fireworks. The AEP building won’t get in your way.

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

I think you should have a beautiful view. I have only watched the fireworks from the ground once, and when I did the smoke really starting getting in the way.

You might want to think about getting there real early though to keep your spot. Not sure about how that area fills up, but I would assume anywhere public will have people in it all day.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Columbus Festivals’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: