Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Red Robin Coming Soon to OSU Area

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Red Robin Coming Soon to OSU Area

This topic contains 21 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Victor Ian Skwydde 5 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

News
    Participant

Red Robin’s Burger Works to debut near OSU

Business First by Dan Eaton, Staff reporter

Date: Thursday, November 3, 2011, 9:54am EDT

According to its website, an OSU area location is coming in 2012. A liquor license pegs it to the 1700 block of North High St., which puts it somewhere near the Newport Music Hall.

READ MORE: http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/news/2011/11/03/red-robins-burger-works-to-debut-near.html

cc

I think ‘gourmet burgers’ are getting near critical mass.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

Whatever burger it is they have with the guacamole on it is fantastic.

yup, I admit it.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I think they changed up their burgers a few years ago. They used to be (or at least seem) pretty hand-made and fresh, but the last time we went they seemed to be frozen and pre-formed into perfect circles.

Otherwise, I’ve always enjoyed the food at Red Robin. Not bad, and very family-friendly. Will be interesting to see how this one next to OSU feels compared to the others in Columbus.

byJody
    Participant

Occupy Red Robin! #occupysouthpark

Pablo
    Participant

How much space do they need? There are still a couple of storefronts available in the new building where the String Shoppe was located (just south of the Newport). Those seem kinda small for a Red Robin…

cc

This is a new fast casual version of Red Robin, I think it is more geared toward takeout. Think Red Robin Express…

So like a Five Guys version of Red Robin?

cc

exactly…

tolemac5050
    Participant

Walker said:
    I think they changed up their burgers a few years ago. They used to be (or at least seem) pretty hand-made and fresh, but the last time we went they seemed to be frozen and pre-formed into perfect circles.

Otherwise, I’ve always enjoyed the food at Red Robin. Not bad, and very family-friendly. Will be interesting to see how this one next to OSU feels compared to the others in Columbus.

Great place for kids…

JonMyers
    Participant

cc said:
    I think ‘gourmet burgers’ are getting near critical mass.

+1

I also think we’re in a cupcake bubble at the moment.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

JonMyers said:
    I also think we’re in a cupcake bubble at the moment.

No, no… you’re thinking of Cake Pops:

https://www.columbusunderground.com/forums/topic/top-10-latest-food-trends-—-october-2011

Cupcake Bubbles will be the next hot dessert in 2012. ;)

Mister Shifter
    Participant

As a parent, I love taking my kid to Red Robin. Very family friendly place. The burgers aren’t bad either, and lots of variety.

If there was a fast-casual version near me, I’d go for sure. Seems like a great model/fit for that area.

NerosNeptune
    Participant

They could fit a regular sized Red Robin in the building where Buffalo Wings and Rings used to be. It’s been empty for awhile and is already set up similar to RR.

NerosNeptune
    Participant

It should be open soon, they have a sign on the building for Red Robin Burger Works. Looks like its a new concept, they have one in Denver and now this one. From their website, they have a few of the top pre-made burgers from the regular RR, or you can build your own burger (Fuddruckers?)

http://www.rrburgerworks.com/

Its at 12th and High where String Shoppe used to be.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: