Our City Online

Messageboard - Nightlife

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Red Brick Tap & Grill

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Nightlife The Red Brick Tap & Grill

This topic contains 43 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  News 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author

Patch
    Participant

I heard a 6-8 week projection for reopening.

30 beers on tap if I remember right.

melikecheese
    Participant

So they have striped all the red wood off the front of the building and removed the entrance,

then they did something really strange. They put a solid door right in the middle of the front of the building that has real signs on it stating “Exit Only” and Employees Only…

I am so confused, I can’t imagine they would try to move the entrance to another side of the building, it’s going to be horribly ugly if that is the case.

Hopefully its just temporary, or a new entrance will be placed next to the exit only door or something.

ricospaz
    Participant

melikecheese said:
    So they have striped all the red wood off the front of the building and removed the entrance,

then they did something really strange. They put a solid door right in the middle of the front of the building that has real signs on it stating “Exit Only” and Employees Only…

I am so confused, I can’t imagine they would try to move the entrance to another side of the building, it’s going to be horribly ugly if that is the case.

Hopefully its just temporary, or a new entrance will be placed next to the exit only door or something.

Sounds like a temp door. Maybe one that was from some other part of the building?

News
    Participant

Red Brick Tap & Grill Opening this October
    Published on August 27, 2013 5:20 pm
    By: Ayana Wilson

Ever since the Red Brick Inn closed its doors for renovation last October, heartbroken fans of the Merion Village spot have been anxious, taking to chat rooms and discussion forums in an attempt to suss out when their favorite watering hole would reopen.

The rumors spread about a spring opening, that then turned into a summer one as unforeseen challenges arose for new owner George Stefanidis and manager Brian York (of Easy Street Café).

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/red-brick-tap-grill-opening-this-october-aw1

AmandaShannon
    Participant

Excited to see this!

derm
    derm
    Participant

groundrules said:
    first the Crest, now this. would people please stop fucking with all the good dives?

Johnnies on Glenn is waiting for your buck and a quarter to give you a longneck. Pool still 50 cents.

Patch
    Participant

Any news?

Its Mid October!

News
    Participant

New Red Brick will open Nov. 8
    By GARY SEMAN JR.
    ThisWeek Community News
    Tuesday November 5, 2013 4:38 PM

George Stefanidis said he is encouraged by the interest in the Red Brick Tap & Grill, his new Merion Village restaurant. But he’s not exactly happy about the lengthy series of delays. “For the past five months I’ve heard this question 20 times a day: When are you going to open?” he said.

That question has been answered.

READ MORE: http://www.thisweeknews.com/content/stories/germanvillage/news/2013/11/05/merion-village-restaurant-new-red-brick-will-open-nov–8.html

melikecheese
    Participant

The soft launch opening is Monday Dec 9th. The staff has been in all week in the evenings so I think this date might actually hold!

It looks great inside, the signage and lighting outside looks great too.

News
    Participant

The Red Brick Tap & Grill Finally Opens in Merion Village
    Published on December 12, 2013 10:30 am
    By: Ayana Wilson

After months of unforeseen delays and pushed-back relaunch dates, Red Brick Tap & Grill, the much-beloved Merion Village spot originally known as the Red Brick Inn, will officially open its doors today on Thursday, December 12th. Located at 292 East Gates Street, the new Red Brick is still very much a neighborhood joint where there’s something for everyone.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/the-red-brick-tap-grill-finally-opens-in-merion-village-aw1

AmandaShannon
    Participant

Anyone try this place yet? Had dinner there last week and it was surprisingly good!

amazinga37
    amazinga37
    Participant

AmandaShannon said:
    Anyone try this place yet? Had dinner there last week and it was surprisingly good!

I did and I thought it was great! Loved the decor and the layout. Pretzels and dip were delicious and a huge serving. I think this would be a great place to catch a game. I had a couple of friends that went and had the pizza and said it’s some of the best in Columbus. I want to go back and try it.

ricospaz
    Participant

I really liked this place. The owner greeted us, service was great, food was excellent. Beer prices were reasonable too.

News
    Participant

Nightlife Review: Red Brick Tap & Grill
    December 13, 2014 10:14 am – Jenna Taylor

Red Brick Tap & Grill is not just another sports bar. Think of it as a local-brewery-showcase-slash-local-ingredient-playground-slash-perfect-getaway-from-the-kids/girlfriend(s)/boss.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/nightlife-review-red-brick-tap-grill-jt1

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)

The forum ‘Nightlife’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Got 5 minutes? Please take our 2019 demographic survey and tell us a bit about yourself and share your thoughts on how CU can improve!