Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Recommendations for Wendy's

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Recommendations for Wendy’s

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 199 total)
  • Author
    vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

McDonalds Pizza was mentioned in that link! (forgot all about that)

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

heh, i remember mcdonalds pizza. the pickerington mcdonalds held on to serving that pizza for what seemed like two years or so past when every other mcdonalds let it go. strange but i liked it.

Jim Lauwers
    Participant

No pizza. Wendy’s should not serve pizza. It burns the roof of your mouth and isn’t even that good. Instead, new “hamburger rolls”–a corndog full of hamburger meat, with a cup of dipping marinara sauce.

honavery

Does anyone remember when Burger King brought your food out to you and you got popcorn before the meal? So weird.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/1992-09-18/business/9209180082_1_burger-king-king-restaurants-table

Jim Lauwers
    Participant

Sure popcorn is a good appetizer… FOR DOGS!!

All dogs get free popcorn and water but have to stay in the car. All humans get one free pretzel-flavored imitation stick-shaped “presto!-stix” compressed powder rod with purchase of a large soda or any frosty (suitable for licking or stirring into a frosty).

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

sounds like you got the new SAVER and have been reading the PJs or cluck a doodle do menus.

Jim Lauwers
    Participant

One of the advantages of living in a walkup, I’ve discovered, is that all the weekly ad flyers are deposited in a bulk on the staircase, where nobody touches them until two weeks later when the landlord throws them all away. It saves me a lot of energy having to do it myself.

So I don’t know anything about PJs or Cluck a Doodle Doo, but one time I walked into D.P. Dough and the sole employee was slumped over a table in the kitchen, asleep. I thought about this for a few seconds, then turned around and left as quietly as I could.

joev
    Participant

JimL2 wrote >>
    …but one time I walked into D.P. Dough and the sole employee was slumped over a table in the kitchen, asleep. I thought about this for a few seconds, then turned around and left as quietly as I could.

Do not dis DP Dough. Did you visit before 2 a.m.? That employee was justifiably resting up for the 3 a.m. onslaught of orders of the delicious, delicious chicken pesto calzone.

takeasiesta

honavery wrote >>
    Does anyone remember when Burger King brought your food out to you and you got popcorn before the meal? So weird.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2raNFYvDB0
    http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/1992-09-18/business/9209180082_1_burger-king-king-restaurants-table

Is that Dan Cortez?

Jim Lauwers
    Participant

It was around 2pm so yeah I mean I guess if he’s at the beginning of a 14-hour shift or has a severe glucose deficiency or something I can see how that nap would be necessary for him to perform adequately at three the next day.

joev
    Participant

Ah! Did you see him put the popcorn directly on the table and then injest it?

Jim Lauwers
    Participant

joev wrote >>
    Ah! Did you see him put the popcorn directly on the table and then injest it?

what

are you okay? do you need to lie down for a bit? drink some water.

misskitty
    Participant

dam Wendy’s got rid of those yummy spicy chicken nuggets so as long as they keep the spicy chicken sandwich I will be ok.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

because of this thread i got wendys for lunch.

my single cheeseburger is utterly perfect. no lettuce, no tomato, extra pickle and onion. precisely arranged thing of beauty here folks. amazing.

Jim Lauwers
    Participant

Attn. Wendy’s C-level employees: I have already made you $2.99.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 199 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION