Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Recommendations for Wendy's

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Recommendations for Wendy’s

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 199 total)
  • Author

News
    Participant

Move Over Bacon: Fancy Cheese Has Its Day in Wendy’s Ads
    By Jessica Wohl. Published on November 23, 2015.

Wendy’s is promoting cheese as the star in two new items, with football-themed spots that suggest cheese should not always serve as an underdog to bacon. The Gouda Bacon Cheeseburger and Bacon Fondue Fries are the latest limited-time offers from Wendy’s. The No. 3 fast-food burger chain is using a mix of new products and promotions to win over diners while smaller players such as Five Guys and Shake Shack keep growing and McDonald’s and Burger King continue to update their own menus.

READ MORE: http://adage.com/article/cmo-strategy/wendy-s-burgers-fries-gruyere-happen/301483/

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

Wendy’s talking about “Fondue”. Trying to fancy up “cheese sauce”

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I thought fondue quit being cool in the early 90s. ;)

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>vestanpance wrote:</div>

I thought fondue quit being cool in the early 90s. ;)

I’ve never been a fan. Too much work.. just give me my cooked food please.

lbl
    Participant

Wendy’s could better their local rep by returning to downtown. its shameful to have national companies based here with no locations in a resurgent downtown.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

Wendy’s could better their local rep by returning to downtown. its shameful to have national companies based here with no locations in a resurgent downtown.

who says they have a bad rep locally? I’ve never heard anyone say anything really negative about Wendy’s other than your typical fast food comments.

lbl
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>lbl wrote:</div>

who says they have a bad rep locally? I’ve never heard anyone say anything really negative about Wendy’s other than your typical fast food comments.

was simply saying it could help them locally – not that they are seen negatively. i definitely prefer them over other national fast foods anyway.
    would you not agree that participating in the growth of our DT core would be good for a locally owned/operated company? there seems to be an absence of Ltd Brands stores also. after holding out in City Center while it was going vacant, the return to DT by a BBW or PINK store is taking an awfully long time. not even a PINK store on Campus which is their target market.

GCrites80s
    Participant

Eh, DT fast food joints aren’t very profitable since they lose out on too many dayparts by not having drive-throughs. And downtown dwellers aren’t into fast food like they used to be. Lunch breaks are shorter now too.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Eh, DT fast food joints aren’t very profitable since they lose out on too many dayparts by not having drive-throughs. And downtown dwellers aren’t into fast food like they used to be. Lunch breaks are shorter now too.

I think that’s true only when talking about the Downtown workforce. They’re primarily only interested in lunch hours M-F.

You need other populations (Downtown residents, Downtown students & Downtown visitors) to support breakfast, dinner, late night and weekend business. With those populations growing, the return of Downtown fast food is probably coming in the not-too-distant future.

If it’s anything, I’d prefer it be Wendy’s. Support the hometown option, and their food is better tasting that McDonald’s or Burger King IMHO.

_calebross
    _calebross
    Participant

I think that the comment about Wendy’s was referring to them moving their corporate HQ to Downtown

lbl
    Participant

I think that the comment about Wendy’s was referring to them moving their corporate HQ to Downtown

no the reference was to their formerly having two locations DT and now nothing. not about their HQ.

_calebross
    _calebross
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>_calebross wrote:</div>

no the reference was to their formerly having two locations DT and now nothing. not about their HQ.

oh gotcha, well id prefer the HQ being downtowm

lbl
    Participant

Agreed – imagine how our core would look if the Corp HQ for Wendy’s, Ltd Brands, A&F, etc were all DT.

I think its actually a bit of a backwards commute for many of the “trendy” folks that work at A&F and Ltd Brands. they moved here for a nice position working out in Reynoldsburg or New Albany, but they live in the SN – driving OUT of town every workday. I get that distribution of goods needs to be near a freeway for transport, but office workers… ? Les Wexner has facilitated more sprawl here than any other single person.

GCrites80s
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>GCrites80s wrote:</div>

I think that’s true only when talking about the Downtown workforce. They’re primarily only interested in lunch hours M-F.

You need other populations (Downtown residents, Downtown students & Downtown visitors) to support breakfast, dinner, late night and weekend business. With those populations growing, the return of Downtown fast food is probably coming in the not-too-distant future.

I feel the time will come as well, but I think one of the most important things will be a critical mass of kids being raised Downtown. While people aren’t feeding their kids as much fast food as they used to, take a look around a suburban fast food joint on a non-school day and look at all the kids. And in the smaller towns like Lancaster where fast food places really clean up it’s wall-to-wall kids.

ohbr
    Participant

I think a sit down Wendy’s Diner a-la Steak and Shake would be fun. Make it look old fashioned. I’d rather see Wendy’s come in and do that than Steak and Shake. I love me some Steak and Shake but a local eatery that’s unique is better IMHO. And given Downtown’s growth, I think Steak and Shake may eventually make it’s way into the core.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 199 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: