Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Recommendations for Wendy's

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Recommendations for Wendy’s

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 199 total)
  • Author
    vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

joev said:
    Seems like one of the chains could make some money by differentiating as being both veg-friendly and easy to eat while driving.

4th meal

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

Just had the Bacon Pretzel Bun Cheeseburger. Pretty amazing. I don’t know why they don’t keep this on the menu full-time. YUM!

bjones7
    Participant

It looks great, but I feel like I would gain 5 lbs right then and there ;) It looks just as bad for you as the Baconator. I’m glad its good at least.

Jman4ever
    Participant

Just had the Bacon Pretzel Bun Cheeseburger. Pretty amazing. I don’t know why they don’t keep this on the menu full-time. YUM!

I *think* their strategy was to have a different type of special bun to rotate on a seasonal basis.
    Pretzel Bun worked and worked really well. The ciabatta did not work nearly as well.

eta…. hit the reply under the wrong post

Caleb
    Caleb
    Participant

We were actually the testing market for the Pretzel Bacon Cheeseburger. The first appearance was the testing of the menu item. But now I believe Wendy’s has decided to make it a permanent menu item.

News
    Participant

World’s Third Largest Hamburger Chain To Enter India
    SEPTEMBER 09, 2014

The Wendy’s Company (TWC), world’s third largest quick-service hamburger company is eyeing the $50 billion Indian quick service restaurants market. The brand has signed an agreement with Sierra Nevada Restaurants Pvt Ltd (SNRPL) to develop and operate restaurants in India.

READ MORE: http://news.franchiseindia.com/World-s-third-largest-hamburger-chain-to-enter-India-5554/#.VBG5d0vjPwI

Ohioirish
    Participant

Calories, sodium, cholesterol aside…..I wish Wendy’s would bring back their Cheddar Lover’s Burger even for a bit…..cheese slice, cheese sauce, mushrooms……cheesy goodness. Messiest thing ever but I miss it.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

The one with the BBQ sauce and the sauteed onions was fantastic also.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

welcome to page 3.

ahh to be young again…

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Anyone try one of these yet?

https://www.wendys.com/en-us/hamburgers/bbq-pulled-pork-cheeseburger

PULLED PORK CHEESEBURGER
    BBQ lovers rejoice! Introducing Wendy’s BBQ Pulled Pork Cheeseburger. Our classic Hot ‘N Juicy cheeseburger with a slice of cheddar cheese, topped with tender slow-cooked pulled pork, crunchy slaw and your choice of three barbeque sauces – sweet, smoky or spicy. All served on a toasted brioche bun. Experience your right to new hickory-smoked BBQ Pulled Pork at Wendy’s for a limited time.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Anne and I tried out the regular version (pulled pork sandwich… not as a burger topping) tonight and thought it was ok. I’m not a slaw guy, so I picked it off. Anne thought her slaw wasn’t creamy enough. The spicy BBQ was ok, but there wasn’t much of it on the sandwich. Pretzel bun is ok (I’ve never had it before). Nothing too special.

For $4.50, you can probably find a better pulled pork sandwich somewhere else.

For $4.50, I’d rather get a few value menu burgers at Wendy’s.

News
    Participant

Ohio’s Own: Wendy’s Black Bean Veggie Burger
    May 3, 2015 10:26 am – Miriam Bowers Abbott

Wendy’s has been test-marketing its new, vegetarian-friendly bean burger here in Columbus, and the offering is shockingly… beautiful. For real. In a personal history that includes copious quantities of fast food, there has not been a time when a burger came out the box looking more like the print advertisements.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/ohios-own-wendys-black-bean-veggie-burger-ma1

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Awesome. I’m going to try it this week.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Awesome. I’m going to try it this week.

Some on FB brought up the idea of requesting bacon to be added. Might be tasty. ;)

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

I tried the ghost pepper fries, wondering if they’d actually have decent heat. Nope. I ate half the order of fries smothered in “cheese” sauce before I could even detect any heat. Not worth the sodium intake.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 199 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: