Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Recommendations for a 16-person, mostly couples bday party dinner in Cbus

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A Recommendations for a 16-person, mostly couples bday party dinner in Cbus

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

So I am hoping to cultivate some suggestions from those wise dinner-goers among you regarding the better places to convene a medium-sized group for dinner. Ideally, we’re seeking out a place with more food options than burgers and pizza, where the drinks–beer and alcoholic concoctions–are good and the food is similarly tasty but won’t cost an arm and a leg.

Something in the price range of a Gordon Biersch, but preferably a Columbus-specific spot in the German Village, Short North, Grandview area.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly, greatly appreciated.

KSquared

I would find out if Surly Girl could make arrangements for you. I think you could use the back room at Surly Girl? They have great food, reasonable prices and good beer selections. The mixed drinks are creative and delicious too! The atmosphere and decor are fun and you are in walking distance of many great bars in the Short North.

http://www.surlygirlsaloon.com/

hungrywoolf
    Participant

I wonder if you could use the back room at Surly Girl? I think Betty’s / Surly Girl or Tip Top would be perfect food and drink wise – but I’m not sure if they can accommodate a group of 16.

KSquared – great minds think alike ;-p

whawhawha

Barcelona is good. Barley’s maybe. Columbus Brewing Company.

brandonphoto
    Participant

Just had my birthday party dinner of 10 at Barcelona and they were so accommodating. I called 5 days in advance to make a reservation.

Tigertree

Have you thought about Rosendales?

hungrywoolf
    Participant

Tigertree wrote >>
    Have you thought about Rosendales?

Plenty of space, you could have the place to yourselves!

Tigertree

Jimmy Mak
    Jimmy Mak
    Participant

A lot of people have their birthday parties here at Shadowbox (sketch comedy and rock n’ roll club) nowadays and always seem to have a good time.

http://www.shadowboxcabaret.com/events/

catnfiddle
    Participant

I’m in favor of that for my own next birthday (and I want Jared to sing to me), but Shadowbox is sadly out of the OP’s geographical area. Hurry up and move downtown, will you?!?

patient_zero
    Participant

Buca di Beppo has always been accommodating with my large groups. Their family style platters are hearty and can be shared so easily. We always have a great time with family or friends at Buca. Make it easy on the server and put it one one check and split the bill amongst yourselves. They probably could do separate checks, but we always combine our orders into one bill.

http://www.bucadibeppo.com/menu/index.aspx

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The forum ‘Q&A’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE