Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Recommend me a new downtownish lunch spot

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Recommend me a new downtownish lunch spot

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author

Geno99
    Participant

I hope I’m not pointing out the obvious, but I assume you’ve been to North Market and tried some of the vendors there?

budser1228
    Participant

BBR, Rodizio Grill, Ted’s Montana Grill near the Arena. Melt will be open soon.

geoyui
    Participant

Twixlen said:
    Dining Hall – has the bonus of being different all the time.

Little Palace!

Mad I forgot about Dinin’ Hall. Unfortunately, I think they’re closing up for the winter.

SusanB
    Participant

Los Potosinos, although I don’t know if they will be open all winter.

hungrywoolf
    Participant

Sounds like you’re already sorted for tomorrow but L’Appat Patisserie in Olde Towne East has their Pan-African menu every Thursday.

ehill27
    Participant

Broad Street Bagel & Deli (it’s much more than bagels). And since you’re willing to go all the way to the Surly Girl… http://www.shortnorth.org/dining.

derm
    derm
    Participant

The pick was El Arepazo. Wow. That place is dynamite. Needs more tables, they were as busy as one armed paperhangers too. Will be back.

Next month a new place off the many lists you all provided. Thanks!

MetroRealtor

Lots, Eh? Seems like a new “Hot” Spot every week.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

MetroRealtor said:
    Lots, Eh? Seems like a new “Hot” Spot every week.

Hi.

celrae

Great list, glad you like El Arepazo. Upper Cup coffee on Parsons and Oak in Old Town East has yummy affordable sandwiches. I get the Ful bean dip served with pitta for $5 or $6, I love the spice mixture they use for this.

derm
    derm
    Participant

New choice tomorrow, might be Jury Room. Need some time to plot the Christmas list away from the kids.

Chris Sunami
    Chris Sunami
    Participant

What’s your favorites out of the ones you’ve already tried?

derm
    derm
    Participant

Top Three would be Skillet, El Arepazo and HaePaul.

Best dish was the grilled cheese at Skillet.

derm
    derm
    Participant

Jury Room did not crack the top three. Did not even crack the top three CFL restaurants. Nice space, tasty sandwich, still hungry after chips and nine dollar sandwich, felt like I went to Panera.

derm
    derm
    Participant

Bringing this back up as want to try a new spot next week to plan kid Christmas gifts. Since the last update I went to(new to me):
    The new Arepazo which was great
    Nida’s
    Olde Town Tavern also great
    Press Grille – 5.50 Pressburger was outstanding. Best cheap eat in the city.

Any new suggestions? Any new places open since last December not on any lists? Thinking maybe 4th street way.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE