Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Daimler Apartment Building on Gay Street - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Daimler Apartment Building on Gay Street – News & Updates

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Pro Se
    Participant

Is the Daimler housing project on Gay and Grant still on track? I know the “Krack House” has slowly fizzled to vacant status but the original article posted by Walker suggested a completion date of August 1, 2011:

New Apartment Building Coming to Gay Street

Seems aggressive for a seven story building that hasn’t yet broken ground.

Urbanboi

The building is coming down today!

anillo
    Participant

I thought there was already a crane up for this, I guess it was actually for the med research building thing next to the new children’s hospital. good to know this isn’t dead!

futureman
    Participant

Urbanboi wrote >>
    The building is coming down today!

Yeah, I just saw a picture on facebook about it. Hopefully construction will begin shortly after the demolition.

Urbanboi

anillo
    Participant

is that a sink falling out of the building in the second picture? does anyone know if they were going to recycling any of the materials from this building?

Urbanboi

Kitchen cabinets, sinks, doors, and refrigerators were all left in the building..I have a few shots of a refrigerator falling fom the 3rd floor.

Pablo
    Participant

anillo wrote >>
    is that a sink falling out of the building in the second picture? does anyone know if they were going to recycling any of the materials from this building?

Any steel found is recycled – it’s a source of income for demo companies. Often brick is ground up into aggregate for other uses. I don’t know the specifics of this project.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Looks like they only half took it down today. When by around 4:15pm and demo was halted.

anillo
    Participant

anillo wrote >>

hahaha i wanna see these

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE