Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Ray Ray's Hog Pit

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Ray Ray's Hog Pit

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 60 total)
  • Author

Is Ray Ray’s open today / this week?

cyclist II
    Participant

Had some Ray Ray’s at Holiday Hop. He was set up on the Ibiza lot. Had a hefty pulled pork sandwich. Good stuff, but then I realized that you can put BBQ sauce on anything and make it taste good, so I never get excited about these BBQ places.

Anyone else feel this way?

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

cyclist II wrote >>
    Had some Ray Ray’s at Holiday Hop. He was set up on the Ibiza lot. Had a hefty pulled pork sandwich. Good stuff, but then I realized that you can put BBQ sauce on anything and make it taste good, so I never get excited about these BBQ places.

Kind of, yes. Cultural Blasphemy? Perhaps.

rus
    rus
    Participant

cyclist II wrote >>

The sauce can be overpowering if not done right, ya know? A dry rub doesn’t usually have that problem for me and plain old beef brisket, no sauce, can be a great thing.

cyclist II
    Participant

rus wrote >>

cyclist II wrote >>

The sauce can be overpowering if not done right, ya know? A dry rub doesn’t usually have that problem for me and plain old beef brisket, no sauce, can be a great thing.

I wasn’t thinking of dry rub BBQ. Wet BBQ.

rus
    rus
    Participant

cyclist II wrote >>

rus wrote >>

cyclist II wrote >>

I wasn’t thinking of dry rub BBQ. Wet BBQ.

Yep, exactly.

Iiiiiiissssss iiiiiiitttt oooooooopen todaaaaaaaay

lifeliberty
    Participant

I’m not sure. i’m thinking it is open Wed-Sunday, but not 100%sure.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ray Ray is on the Facebook

Thurs – Sun:12:00 pm – 8:00 pm

lifeliberty
    Participant

thanks. (I don’t FB)

cyclist II
    Participant

eating a bbq bacon cheddar burger.

hivner1

This is so salivating that I feel compelled to post this. (From their facebook page): “We will be making “the Hog” for the pork addict in you. A special one pound sandwich with our traditional pulled pork smothered with our house bbq sauce and topped with ham and bacon. This Saturday and Sunday.”

Get your ‘Hog’ and then get your beer from my favorite beer guy, Patrick, across the street at Pace-Hi carryout.

Parker
    Participant

He’s got a couple styles of BBQ to choose from and they are all good – and it’s real BBQ which is a change from a lot of what you get in Ohio: grilled meat. You got your Kansas City/ St. Louis sweet sauce, your southern (Texas) dry rub. Does anyone know if he does a Tennessee/Carolina vinegar base? Need to ask. If he can do that as well as the others… Mmm.. mmm.

murfmurphy
    murfmurphy
    Participant

I went there for lunch on Saturday, and they had a Grilled Moonshine pork steak sandwich. I think they smoked the pork loin first, sliced off the pieces and then quickly grilled them as the orders came in. There was moonshine sauce that had a perfect amount of heat, and the rub on the outside was delicious. It was definitely in the top 5 of the best sandwiches I have ever had in my life, and could easily be #1. It was well worth standing in line, and hopefully I can get another chance to go back.

tolemac5050
    Participant

Ray rays almost too popular these days…waited 2 hours in line Super Bowl Sunday, and waited in line about 30 to 40 minutes on Sunday February 19th. Glad he is busy…be prepared to wait in long lines..(worth the wait)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 60 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

KEEP LOCAL JOURNALISM HEALTHY.

Local journalism is more important than ever. Please take a moment to read a bit about our mission and consider financially supporting our cause.

CLICK HERE