Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Wal-Mart Shooting in Dayton

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Wal-Mart Shooting in Dayton

• This topic has 27 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by News.
Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

DLDude
    Participant

Aren’t the bb guns at walmart generally in some sort of packaging before they are purchased? generally?

Another customer had taken it out of the box. He didn’t take it out. He literally just pick it up off a shelf like that. This is murder.

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

The first time I heard the phrase “another dead nigger” a few years ago, I thought, that’s bullshit. But since then, reading the news, it’s one Black guy killed after another.

SusanB
    Participant

Why aren’t the Feds looking at this police shooting too? Do we need riots and the abuse of the press? WTF. It really does seem like it is open season on Black men. So horrible I can’t even find words.

rus
    rus
    Participant

Why aren’t the Feds looking at this police shooting too? Do we need riots and the abuse of the press? WTF. It really does seem like it is open season on Black men. So horrible I can’t even find words.

They are.

http://www.wlwt.com/news/justice-dept-to-investigate-police-shooting-of-fairfield-man/28220038?tid=26513230590813&tmi=cin_break_1_09560109242014&tml=cin_break&treets=cin&ts=H

But the U.S. Justice Department said it will investigate the shooting death of John Crawford III, 22, of Fairfield. U.S. Attorney Carter Stewart, in Columbus, said the department’s Civil Rights Division, the FBI and his office will conduct an independent review of the case.

ETA:

In a statement, Ohio Gov. John Kasich said “After talking with the Attorney General and watching the video myself, I agree with his decision that a review by the U.S. Department of Justice is appropriate. This is a tragedy for the Crawford family and I share the concern of many in the community that this matter must be handled with the utmost seriousness and respect. I’ve consulted with local leaders, including leaders in the African American community, and I applaud the example they have set of calm, restraint and patience.”

Also…

A 911 caller told dispatchers that Crawford was waving the gun around and pointing it at customers, though the video doesn’t appear to show him pointing it at anyone.

The caller said he was about 100 feet away from Crawford.

Have to wonder about that 911 caller.

Coy
    Participant

http://columbusfreepress.com/article/special-prosecutor-and-grand-jury-affirm-open-carry-whites-only

About that 911 caller:
    “DeWine had refused to release the store surveillance video (above) to the public prior to the grand jury being empaneled, claiming that would contaminate the jury pool. Crawford’s family had seen the videotape and claimed that DeWine had promised to release it. This did not stop the special prosecutor, Mark Piepmeier, from showing the video to a key witness prior to the grand jury, enabling that witness, Ronald Ritchie, to possibly change his story.

Ritchie, who had also claimed he was a former Marine, called 911 to report Crawford waving a gun around the store and acting threatening. Richie was released from the Marine Corps after seven weeks service for “paperwork problems.” He had been discharged for concealing a heart condition on his enlistment paperwork.”

rus
    rus
    Participant

http://columbusfreepress.com/article/special-prosecutor-and-grand-jury-affirm-open-carry-whites-only

About that 911 caller:<br>
    “DeWine had refused to release the store surveillance video (above) to the public prior to the grand jury being empaneled, claiming that would contaminate the jury pool. Crawford’s family had seen the videotape and claimed that DeWine had promised to release it. This did not stop the special prosecutor, Mark Piepmeier, from showing the video to a key witness prior to the grand jury, enabling that witness, Ronald Ritchie, to possibly change his story.

Ritchie, who had also claimed he was a former Marine, called 911 to report Crawford waving a gun around the store and acting threatening. Richie was released from the Marine Corps after seven weeks service for “paperwork problems.” He had been discharged for concealing a heart condition on his enlistment paperwork.”

Seen more than a little speculation that this was a SWATing.

myliftkk
    Participant

Here’s emergency call audio syncing to the surveillance video.

Notice the verbals commands and shots are immediate, and no shots come after the gun was dropped. Execution, swat style.

I’d be suing that 911 caller into financial oblivion, as well as the cops in this case.

jackoh
    Participant

Here’s emergency call audio syncing to the surveillance video.

Notice the verbals commands and shots are immediate, and no shots come after the gun was dropped. Execution, swat style.

I’d be suing that 911 caller into financial oblivion, as well as the cops in this case.

You can’t sue the cops in this case. They are protected under the doctrine of sovereign immunity, which means that they are exempt from any civil action regarding their actions while on duty (this is true even under the waiver of sovereign immunity(limited) enacted by the General Assembly).

News
    Participant

Ohio Wal-Mart Where Cops Shot Man Pulls Air Rifles
    September 30, 2014
    by The Associated Press

Wal-Mart Stores Inc. says pellet guns have been pulled from shelves at the Ohio store where a 22-year-old man holding an air rifle was fatally shot by police.

READ MORE: http://wosu.org/2012/news/2014/09/30/ohio-wal-mart-cops-shot-man-pulls-air-rifles-1/

MRipley
    Participant

News
    Participant

Ohio Statehouse Rally Protests Wal-Mart Shooting
    October 18, 2014
    by The Associated Press

A student group led a protest outside Ohio’s Statehouse as it pushes for more action in the fatal shooting of a man in a suburban Dayton Wal-Mart store.

READ MORE: http://wosu.org/2012/news/2014/10/18/ohio-statehouse-rally-protests-wal-mart-shooting/

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Good, I hope the protests pick up steam. This was an execution.

News
    Participant

Officer Involved In Shooting At Ohio Walmart Remains On Leave
    Friday December 5, 2014 9:15 AM

DAYTON, Ohio – Police say an officer who fatally shot a man in an Ohio Walmart will remain on leave until the government concludes its investigation of the shooting.

READ MORE: http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2014/12/05/dayton-ohio-officer-involved-in-shooting-at-ohio-walmart-remains-on-leave.html

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: