Our City Online

Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

R.I.P. CU Forum?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 143 total)
  • Author

OneBagTravel
    Participant

I’ll be starting a gofundme for Walker and Anne in the morning since this site/forum has apparently flatlined.

Thanks a lot rus!

rus
    rus
    Participant

I’ll be starting a gofundme for Walker and Anne in the morning since this site/forum has apparently flatlined.

Thanks a lot rus!

Bear
    Participant

That answer your question, Merc?

OneBagTravel
    Participant

Everyone’s all gung ho about a reddit voting system until this happens.

That sites is for hive mind individuals anyway. You could even say I down vote that site.

rus
    rus
    Participant

Now let’s get down to the nitty gritty, if you are saying people like Rus are preventing you from enjoying this site and took you from someone who “refreshed my CU forum posts constantly” to only once in a while, then maybe you should have come to this realization years ago and (sorry Walker) left back then. Otherwise, help provide content, hug your neighbors and maybe a post once in a while from Rus wouldn’t get you bummed out so much (this last sentence is directed to everyone participating in this rus witch hunt).

Kidding aside, it’s an odd thought that one person could single-handedly change the nature of an entire group of people.

OneBagTravel
    Participant

The only reason to hate on rus is for his ability to max out your monthly mobile data in one thread with these goddamn gifs.

And with that, I’m out

This one’s a freebee since Core posted it a few pages back and it should already be cached in your browser

Mercurius
    Participant

I think I’m going to go mushroom hunting tomorrow. Does anyone want to come over to my house, eat some pan fried morels, watch idiocracy, discuss if it’s actually a satire, drink some whiskey, and toast to being cynical assholes? Ow my balls.

Edit: Fuck! I forgot my oxford comma. Let’s do this! Look for your exclusive Facebook invites.

Bear
    Participant

Desperately.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

I’m always into situations involving whiskey at your house.

Maybe it’s the product of aging, but I’m at a point where I can just ignore comments that offend me. If someone is combative or tiresome, I just skip forward.

I’m not aware of a rule that says you have to engage/correct every person who attempts to engage you.

Of course, I’ve never been a huge commenter, so I guess that approach doesn’t yield comment-section-fabulousness.

chaptal
    Participant

I miss the ignore feature most of all.

hugh59
    hugh59
    Participant

The redesign is what drove me away. The browsers I use (Firefox on my PC, Opera Mini on my Android devices) did a poor job of displaying the content. Everything was squished to the right of the screen and difficult to read.

I just installed the new version of Opera mini on my tablet and things are better. But at this point there seems to be little going on.

rus
    rus
    Participant

The redesign is what drove me away. The browsers I use (Firefox on my PC, Opera Mini on my Android devices) did a poor job of displaying the content. Everything was squished to the right of the screen and difficult to read.

I just installed the new version of Opera mini on my tablet and things are better. But at this point there seems to be little going on.

There is that; can be difficult to use the forum from mobile devices.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

I think I’m going to go mushroom hunting tomorrow. Does anyone want to come over to my house, eat some pan fried morels, watch idiocracy, discuss if it’s actually a satire, drink some whiskey, and toast to being cynical assholes? Ow my balls.

Edit: Fuck! I forgot my oxford comma. Let’s do this! Look for your exclusive Facebook invites.

Sounds amazing, but I don’t like morels and I’ll be in New Orleans for Heritage Jazz Fest.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

I also much preferred the old messageboard design, and still miss it. Sometimes I can’t put my finger on why, but it just worked better for me in a lot of ways.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 143 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.