Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Mary Kathryn Paul Sentenced in Hit-and-Run Death of Bob Lennon

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Mary Kathryn Paul Sentenced in Hit-and-Run Death of Bob Lennon

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 179 total)
  • Author

Aaron Marshall
    Participant

Her attorney is good ol’ Judge Road Rage.

arobinbird
    Participant

arobinbird
    Participant

arobinbird said:
    Well it seems in this case the people were right until proven right.

I can sum up the whole reason I think the Dispatch and their handling of the
    reporting of the Bob Lenon story are a bunch of hypocrites…It is because this story, which has some similarities to the Bob Lennon case (being a hit/skip) tampering, etc.. was written in Aug 2008 prior to any official charges with her full name, age etc published by the Dispatch http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2008/08/17/hitskip.html

BUT she was not indicted/charged until Jan 2009

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2009/01/08/small.html

BTW she got 5 1/2 yrs and tampering was one of her 3 charges. Very similar stories, but we’ll wait to see if the same justice will be handed out.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Nothing more adult than a good old-fashioned I told you so.

picktown
    Participant

Pro Se said:
    We will know if that was the case if the Special Prosecutor foregoes a grand jury indictment and files a Bill of Information instead. If an information is filed, it will likely be for a lesser charge out the gate and the defendant will immediately enter a guilty plea thereto. But it will be obvious if that happens. Ultimately, the cixtim’s family is the most important group of people in this case and they, above all, need to be satisfied with the outcome so I don’t have a problem if he is speaking with them beforehand. It will be obvious enough if he is twisting their arm if an information is filed. Time will tell.

A Bill of Information has been filed in this case. Her attorney is Michael C. Hogue, a former Delaware City Attorney, Municipal Judge and Delaware County Prosecutor.

http://www.delawarecountyclerk.org/pa.urd/pamw2000.docket_lst?55244233

arobinbird
    Participant

Pro Se called it right, no Grand Jury indictment, just a bill of information. And no arrest warrant, I mean we don’t want to inconvenience her with sitting in a nasty dirty cell before she has to, right? I have a friend who was arrested on the spot for being caught driving with failure to reinstate his suspended license.
    I too was also suspicious that when the prosecutor was meeting with the victims family, that he was trying to get the family to agree to a “softer” more sympathetic charge based on the suspects issues/drama. I think the prosecutor should have to give a more thorough explanation as to why he does not feel that he can reasonably charge the father with tampering (since he allegedly admitted it) and why he is so willing to accept the story that dad “possibly” had the wrong story when he did it. Why would you just accept someone’s word? Is he afraid to actually “try” this case? Would she not agree to a plea if dad was charged?

They should take responsibility without trying to play the system with their influence of personal relationships with ex judges/attorneys, the current county prosecutor, and the deputy sheriff. She should be made an example of on this case because she is a repeat (hit/pedestrian) offender, and she and her family’s behavior surrounding this case suggests that there is no problem that their connections cannot manipulate. Maybe the Lennon family will hit them with a wrongful death lawsuit

wziolo

New docket entries, including:

JUDGMENT ENTRY SCHEDULING ARRAIGNMENT AND PLEA HEARING TO THE BILL OF INFORMATION – THIS CASE IS HEREBY SCHEDULED TO COME BEFORE THIS COURT FOR PURPOSES OF ARRAIGNMENT AND PLEA HEARING ON DECEMBER 16, 2013 AT 1:00 P.M. BEFORE JUDGE JOHN W KESSLER – SEE ENTRY FOR COMPLETE TERMS VOL 679 PAGES 36 & 37

Jeffersin
    Jeffersin
    Participant

Woman pleads guilty to hit-skip wreck that killed DeSales teacher

….
    Mary Kathryn Paul, 36, pleaded guilty to involuntary manslaughter and to failing to stop after the hit-skip crash that killed Bob Lennon.
    ….

Both charges are third-degree felonies. Paul faces up to six years in prison.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2013/12/16/hit-skip-plea.html

That Dispatch article was the front page center story with a big picture of Paul and her lawyer in court.

lazyfish
    lazyfish
    Participant

still wondering where this case is, no sentencing date set? is she free on bail??

Jared
    Jared
    Participant

For comparison, are there any new developments in the Andrew Scott Inglis case?

News
    Participant

Delaware County Woman Sentenced To 4 1/2 Years In Hit-And-Run Death Of DeSales Teacher
    Monday February 24, 2014 9:13 AM

DELAWARE, Ohio – Thirty-six-year-old Mary Kathryn Paul was sentenced on Monday to four-and-a-half years in prison in a case stemming from the death of Bob Lennon, a popular teacher and running coach at St. Francis DeSales High School in Columbus.

READ MORE: http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2014/02/24/oh–bicyclist-hit-and-run.html

bmoore
    Participant

Not long enough. I hope she rots.

Even more than that, I hope her father gets charged for tampering with evidence / attempted coverup of a felony (under whatever section of the code that would fall under). I think he gets a pass for the whole thing, despite using his place of business to dispose of a windshield covered in human gore.

pez
    Participant

bmoore said:
    Not long enough. I hope she rots.

Even more than that, I hope her father gets charged for tampering with evidence / attempted coverup of a felony (under whatever section of the code that would fall under). I think he gets a pass for the whole thing, despite using his place of business to dispose of a windshield covered in human gore.

Wasn’t he the one who turned her in?

bmoore
    Participant

pez said:
    Wasn’t he the one who turned her in?

No, he was the one to call the State Police to talk to them about a deer hit after he thought they cleaned everything up enough.

WHO, in ANY instance would literally cut a windshield in half and throw the bloody half away if they hit a deer? No, you call your insurance company and have them fix it. Or, you put the car off to the side and fix it yourself, but you NEVER remove half of a bloody windshield.

Unless you’re trying to protect your imbecile daughter from murder charges.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 179 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: