Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Mary Kathryn Paul Sentenced in Hit-and-Run Death of Bob Lennon

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Mary Kathryn Paul Sentenced in Hit-and-Run Death of Bob Lennon

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 179 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #554315
    Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

    “My daughter brought home a smoking gun and I, well you know, tossed it…no biggie. We done here?”

    Deleware prosecutor: “Oh yeah, all good!”

    #554316

    bmoore
    Participant

    There had better be at least some evidence tampering charges about Harlem Township Trustee Jerry Paul. That kind of behavior is not becoming of scum, much less “upstanding citizens.”

    #554317

    picktown
    Participant

    The case is already on the Delaware County website – attorney is Michael C. Hoague

    http://www.delawarecountyclerk.org/pa.urd/pamw2000.o_case_sum?55244233

    http://www.right2counsel.com/Attorneys.html

    #554318

    wziolo
    Member

    RedStorm said:

    Paul, 36, faces up to six years in prison if convicted of the charges.

    That’s ridiculous.

    What would be ridiculous is if she doesn’t get that (which she won’t). Watch this drawn out further. I’ll be surprised if she actually does 6 months.

    And daddy throws away HALF of a windshield (after she hita “deer”) and gets no charges? Let’s let the theory play out — you hit a deer and what do you do? Call the insurance company? Yep. If not… well… say you want to repair the damage yourself… under NO circumstances do you cut off HALF of the windshield and throw it away.

    #554319
    Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

    When I was in work release, my bunkmate was just finishing off a 7 year sentence for only tampering with evidence in a homicide.

    If this dude admitted he did that, and is getting a walk completely, that certainly adds some fuel to the conspiracy fires in my opinion.

    #554320

    Analogue Kid
    Participant

    RedStorm said:

    Paul, 36, faces up to six years in prison if convicted of the charges.

    That’s ridiculous.

    As seen in some other threads, most people who kill bicyclists aren’t charged with anything, so at least this is something.

    #554321
    Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

    Analogue Kid said:
    As seen in some other threads, most people who kill bicyclists aren’t charged with anything, so at least this is something.

    I think that’s a bit of a misleading statement. People at fault in a standard (no fleeing, no alcohol) auto accident which happens to be fatal aren’t generally charged with more than the related driving infraction either.

    #554322

    roy
    Participant

    picktown said:
    The case is already on the Delaware County website – attorney is Michael C. Hoague

    Ugh, Hoague? Bad news, see Disciplinary Counsel v. Hoague, 88 Ohio St.3d 321, 2000-Ohio-340

    http://www.romingerlegal.com/Ohio_case_law/2000/2000-ohio-340.html

    #554323

    dp
    Member

    http://www.romingerlegal.com/Ohio_case_law/2000/2000-ohio-340.html

    Conflict in Delaware county?? Wow, ya think?!

    #554324

    dp
    Member

    @bear…I stopped reading your posts after this one:

    But we’re not the police, and we’re not the judicial branch. We have neither the evidence nor the expertise to pass judgment on any of the people involved. And doing so prematurely in a public forum carries a nontrivial risk that we will wrongly vilify an innocent person. Publicizing not just the name of that person but her phone number and home address, in a case in which she is accused of having killed an immensely popular local citizen, is to my mind deeply irresponsible and simply wrong.

    Guess some of us DID have the evidence, were NOT being premature and were NOT passing judgement!! Clearly, the outrage of this community did NOT “vilify an innocent person” who has been involved in three crashes in the last three years! Sadly, the final one daddy Jerry Trustee couldn’t get her out of….perhaps if she was “wrongly vilified” earlier, Bob would still be alive!

    #554325

    drew
    Participant

    dp said:
    Guess some of us DID have the evidence, were NOT being premature and were NOT passing judgement!! Clearly, the outrage of this community did NOT “vilify an innocent person” who has been involved in three crashes in the last three years! Sadly, the final one daddy Jerry Trustee couldn’t get her out of….perhaps if she was “wrongly vilified” earlier, Bob would still be alive!

    Oh, now lets not get too self-satisfied.

    I generally agree that the Dispatch has shown an odd hypocrisy on this matter, and that in general Marrison comes off goofy, tone deaf, and willing to defend the paper even when it means putting in embarrassing efforts into bending basic logic to its breaking point. I also believe that, from everything I’ve heard and read, the driver and her father have acted in a deeply suspicious manner.

    However, the only person who truly knows what actually happened, should she have been of sound mind at the time(?), is the driver of the car that hit the cyclist (and, perhaps, regarding crash-related criminal actions, her father). It has always been that way and always will be. The best anyone can do is to gather enough evidence to try to prove it all beyond a reasonable doubt… which is a process that hasn’t occurred yet.

    #554326

    wziolo
    Member

    drew said:
    Oh, now lets not get too self-satisfied.

    I generally agree that the Dispatch has shown an odd hypocrisy on this matter, and that in general Marrison comes off goofy, tone deaf, and willing to defend the paper even when it means putting in embarrassing efforts into bending basic logic to its breaking point. I also believe that, from everything I’ve heard and read, the driver and her father have acted in a deeply suspicious manner.

    However, the only person who truly knows what actually happened, should she have been of sound mind at the time(?), is the driver of the car that hit the cyclist (and, perhaps, regarding crash-related criminal actions, her father). It has always been that way and always will be. The best anyone can do is to gather enough evidence to try to prove it all beyond a reasonable doubt… which is a process that hasn’t occurred yet.

    Did you read the release from HER lawyer? It has been proven beyond a reasonable doubt — she is going to plead guilty to the charges.

    Her father needs to bear some of the burden, though.

    #554327

    drew
    Participant

    wziolo said:
    Did you read the release from HER lawyer? It has been proven beyond a reasonable doubt — she is going to plead guilty to the charges.

    Her father needs to bear some of the burden, though.

    My greater point still stands, which is that, contrary to dp’s assertions, prior to her admission everything anyone was saying was speculative. Furthermore, her admission may not be the end of the story, either – the entirety of her legal infractions may end up being far more than what she’s currently taking responsibility for. And, on the flip side, there are rare and strange cases where an admission of guilt is found to be inappropriate or coerced (though I highly doubt that this case will be one of them).

    #554328

    Bear
    Participant

    drew said:
    My greater point still stands, which is that, contrary to dp’s assertions, prior to her admission everything anyone was saying was speculative. Furthermore, her admission may not be the end of the story, either – the entirety of her legal infractions may end up being far more than what she’s currently taking responsibility for. And, on the flip side, there are rare and strange cases where an admission of guilt is found to be inappropriate or coerced (though I highly doubt that this case will be one of them).

    Well put. Even if people who’ve concluded that she’s guilty turn out to be right, that doesn’t mean that their conclusions weren’t premature at the time. People are still innocent until proven guilty.

    I remember a murder case in my own home town from years ago. The suspect was a high school girl: though it was dark, there was an eyewitness, and she had motive. The police didn’t charge her, though, and she soon left the school out of fear for her own safety—which only fueled more suspicion. Finally the police arrested a different girl from the same high school, one who better fit the eyewitness description. It was a complete shock: no one had suspected her for a moment. In the end, she confessed and was tried and convicted. And somehow, in the rush of news surrounding the arrest and trial, everyone just sort of forgot that the first girl had ever existed.

    #554329

    groundrules
    Participant

    dp said:

    Guess some of us DID have the evidence, were NOT being premature and were NOT passing judgement!! Clearly, the outrage of this community did NOT “vilify an innocent person” who has been involved in three crashes in the last three years! Sadly, the final one daddy Jerry Trustee couldn’t get her out of….perhaps if she was “wrongly vilified” earlier, Bob would still be alive!

    I just did a quick google search on your user name. whew!

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 179 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: