Our City Online

Messageboard - Club & DJ Events

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Quality at Basil (Gallery Hop)

Home Forums Events Club & DJ Events Quality at Basil (Gallery Hop)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 91 total)
  • Author

Squared
    Participant

From Local Autonomy…

A Closer Look: Jason Lyman

As promised, I follow up on Wednesdays Track that Started it All feature (Get at that HERE[/url]) with Jason Lyman’s full interview. The story Jason tells about the 1990′s and what happened at the height and decline of the scene as we moved into the early 2000′s suggests how the club culture persisted into the early 2000′s downtown. He also provides wonderful background on Quality, his experiences, and where he thinks we are all going. But let me get out of the way and let you hear from the man himself!

LA: How did you get into dance music?

JL: Man, I have always been into dance type music ever since I can remember. As a kid in the early 80′s I was huge into rap and electro. I loved to breakdance. A lot of the kids at my school did. As I got into high school, I dj’d a lot of school dances and would play remixes and b-sides to popular songs. I also started getting into some industrial music as well. Nine Inch Nails, Ministry, Front 242, etc. When I went to Ohio University in 1992, I was introduced to groups like The Prodigy and went to a electronic Dance music night where the dj played mostly industrial and Depeche Mode type stuff. In 1994 I had started hearing about Raves that were happening back in Dayton where I was from, and really wanted to go. I had met some people in Athens who were going, and in 1995 I went to my first rave called Harmony in Akron, OH. Moby played there, along with Derrick Carter. I was in awe. My eyes were probably wide open all night, just taking everything in. After that night I was hooked.

READ MORE HERE…[/url]

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

nice interview!

scottlitch
    Participant

quality

AFTER HOURS STARTS (EXTRA) EARLY

The Post Gallery Hop Party at Basil.

Saturday, March 3rd 2012 (9:30 pm)

Hosted by Scott Litch, Nicole Zeta, and Rhome Ruanphae.

DJs Jeff Pons, Jason “Lemon” Lyman, along with special guest Dustin Knell bring you the best in seductive downtempo grooves, deep house, and underground techno on a SUPER SIZED SOUND SYSTEM provided by Cosmictraveler. End your Gallery Hop evening in good company.

NO COVER!
    21+ welcome.

View this event on Facebook[/url]

Squared
    Participant

Check out the guys live in the mix:
    Quality recorded live at Basil on NYE

Squared
    Participant

TONIGHT!

quality

Basil Restaurant – Quality with DJs Dustin Knell, Jeff Pons, and Lemon Lyman. No cover. 9:30p.

more information here…

BigJonnyT

I’ve been wanting to check this out for a while now, but wasn’t able to swing by last night. How was the evening?

Squared
    Participant

quality

after
    hours
    starts
    early
    [/b]

Hosted by Scott Litch, Nicole Zeta, Maju, and Rhome Ruanphae.

DJs Jeff Pons and birthday boy, Jason “Lemon” Lyman, bring you the best in seductive downtempo grooves, deep house, and underground techno on a fantastic sound system. End your Gallery Hop evening in good company.

Saturday, March 3rd 2012 (9:30 pm)

$5 cover.
    21+ welcome.

Quality at Basil on Facebook[/url]

Squared
    Participant

Squared
    Participant

Squared
    Participant

Squared
    Participant

One more week!

Squared
    Participant

Squared
    Participant

Squared
    Participant

scottlitch
    Participant

Jason Lyman, and Jeff Pons, and myself are happy to announce that Quality Is currently undergoing an exciting transition.

Our beloved event Quality, will not be held at Basil this month or for the foreseeable future.

We are still working out the details, but we can’t wait to share our new venue with you…

We Love To Make You Dance!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 91 total)

The forum ‘Club & DJ Events’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION