Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

q: History of Madison's Department Store?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A q: History of Madison’s Department Store?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)
  • Author

Walker wrote >>

RoundTowner wrote >>
    A friend of mine is in the process of purchasing one of the buildings north of Madisons, and will relocate his software company from Polaris to DT. It will be in the old Columbs Chamber office.

Very cool news! Have your friend email me some details ([email protected]) as this progresses. Would love to do a feature this type of development.
    One thing though… the old Chamber offices were actually south of Madison’s and on the other side of High Street (37 N. High). Are you actually referring to the old Experience Columbus offices (90 N. High) that are just north of the Madison’s building?
    Just curious because earlier this year we heard that The Wine Guy was going to be opening a retail location in the old Experience Columbus space. Last I spoke with the owner of that business (August) he said that plans were pushed back to 1st Quarter 2010. Currently, Megan Burkholder is doing live art in that space, which is a really cool temporary use of the spot. ;)

It’s the 3 story glass building near Madisons, it may have housed Experience Columbus last. John is in Europe for the Holidays, I know the deal is currently in the works and he expects to close in January. He is planning to relocate his company from Polaris, it will occupy most of the building, he will have an apartment on the top floor. He had lived in a 200 year old Mill house in Pickaway county, which was heavily damaged by a fire last year. He recently purchased a 10,000 sq ft house in the historic district of Circleville, which will remain his primary residence.
    Once he returns, I will get the specifics of the project.

Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)

The forum ‘Q&A’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: