Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Q: Can anyone recommend a good tailor?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A Q: Can anyone recommend a good tailor?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author

tornangel012
    Participant

I gotta agree with Shim’s and Boris are the best in town

is boris good for women’s gowns? i need to have a bridesmaid dress altered for a july wedding, and it’s going to be one of those pesky jobs with weird specifications.

bchamm2

Try Hill Cleaners. 443 Hill Road North, Pickerington, Oh. 43147
    Phone: 614-833-6662.
    They have a clothing designer with a college degree in Design.
    Anything difficult should be no problem, and they do take measurements.
    Their customer service is way above the norm.

kayw

ddavis wrote >>
    I recently picked up a couple suits and I need the pants tailored. Can anyone make any recommendations? How much does this sort of thing normally cost and how long does it take? I’d prefer a place that’ll actually take measurements instead of asking what length I buy my pants.

Joni Fashion Boutique
    614-309-8133 they willcome to your home, they have great service.

jimmaneri
    Participant

The only serious taylor for serious high end clothes in Nina. Look her up. South High. If you’re just too lazy to hem your pants, fine go to shims and take your chances, but Nina and only Nina for your Armani Suit.

hungrywoolf
    Participant

Brittany Lawson – she used to do the repairs at Dr Mojoe and is also a fashion designer. email at chocobritt @ gmail.com

Boris

lifeliberty wrote >>
    a lot of people go to him, but I won’t go again.

Are you referring to us? If so, can you please explain what happened?

jimmaneri wrote >>
    The only serious taylor for serious high end clothes in Nina. Look her up. South High. If you’re just too lazy to hem your pants, fine go to shims and take your chances, but Nina and only Nina for your Armani Suit.

jimmaneri, Nina is not the only serious tailor, just ask around, or just read the other posts here. ;)

To everyone else that recommended us, thank you! We appreciate your support Columbus.

tourist19
    Participant

Can anyone recommend a tailor who can essentially rebuild a bridesmaid dress? My friend is in a wedding and Wendy’s insisted she order a dress 2 sizes bigger than she usually is. She argued with the girl, but isn’t as, um, argumentative as I might have been. The bodice has boning and is HUGE on her. The boning needs to be removed before it can be taken in. She doesn’t trust Wendy’s to do this after reading their reviews. Any help would be appreciated, thanks :)

Twixlen
    Participant

Macy’s has an alteration department that would be up to that task…

Also Hill’s Alterations on W Broad right at Southhampton/W Broad intersection is a great one. They do *so* many fancy gowns and things. The redid the lining and pockets on a down parka for a neighbor and it was flawless.

tourist19
    Participant

Thanks so much! We had a previous recommendation for Hill’s, but could not find any reviews online so were nervous.

lifeliberty
    Participant

Boris wrote >>

lifeliberty wrote >>
    a lot of people go to him, but I won’t go again.

Are you referring to us? If so, can you please explain what happened?

No, I wasn’t referring to you. I was referring to the tailor that is in the city center parking lot along 3rd. long story short I took out the stiching done there and restiched it properly by hand.

I go to the greek lady tailor that is in the dry cleaning place that is next door to you, she is awesome!

Sunshiney

tourist19 wrote >>
    Can anyone recommend a tailor who can essentially rebuild a bridesmaid dress? My friend is in a wedding and Wendy’s insisted she order a dress 2 sizes bigger than she usually is. She argued with the girl, but isn’t as, um, argumentative as I might have been. The bodice has boning and is HUGE on her. The boning needs to be removed before it can be taken in. She doesn’t trust Wendy’s to do this after reading their reviews. Any help would be appreciated, thanks :)

I’ve been to Perfect Alterations on Bethel Road, and always had perfect results. They’ve done a bridesmaids dress,and several suits.

pval817

My son, a senior at OSU, needs to have a suit jacket altered – it needs to be let out if possible…can anyone provide a current recommendation for a tailor who will let him know what can be done, and do a good job? This suit is for upcoming job interviews and needs to look good! Thanks!

myliftkk
    Participant

pval817 said:
    My son, a senior at OSU, needs to have a suit jacket altered – it needs to be let out if possible…can anyone provide a current recommendation for a tailor who will let him know what can be done, and do a good job? This suit is for upcoming job interviews and needs to look good! Thanks!

I’ve used Boris to repair jackets regularly with good results.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sunny’s Custom Tailor in Hong Kong is the best tailor all over the world.He made suits with modern styles,fabrics etc.I bought my all suits online from his website:- sunnyscustomtailor.com

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)

The forum ‘Q&A’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: