Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Proposed Mixed-Use Development at Lane/High - Shell Station

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Proposed Mixed-Use Development at Lane/High – Shell Station

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author

Analogue Kid
    Participant

Looks like this project is moving forward. The Shell station is all boarded up and the lights are off.

Pablo
    Participant

Makes sense. It seems Elford only has the manpower to manage one project at a time. Fireproof is starting to wrap up, so on to the next one!

surber17
    Participant

thumbs up to all of the campus changes

wpcc88
    Participant

Seems to be a classic case of “get while the gettin’ is good” and I am certainly not upset about it! Man is that corner going to look different in about two years!

I lived in that area of campus my entire college career Nosker to Frambes to Lane. So far since I’ve left in 2011: UDF has been completely remodeled, Wendys, McDonalds, Chiller Plant/Streetscape, New Engineering Building, the massive North Campus dorm project has changed the area that I’ve known since I was a freshman in high school(2002, stayed at the dorms for sports camps) and now the Shell station where I purchased many adult beverages is going to be gone.

Btw did anyone ever have the yellow taco trailer that was located there for a while? It wasn’t the best but was DAMN good when walking home from the bars!

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

^^ I used to stop by that truck to get their burritos about once a week. Pretty darn good. Then, it just disappeared.

wpcc88
    Participant

^^ I used to stop by that truck to get their burritos about once a week. Pretty darn good. Then, it just disappeared.

Last I saw it moved up to 14-0 on Hudson, however I haven’t seen it there in a long time. Maybe I’ll ride past today and check it out.

wpcc88
    Participant

Btw there was an excavator on-site Friday afternoon. Probably looking at demolition finally this week.

Zekequinn89
    Participant

Its in the 14-0 parking lot at Hudson and High, has been for a while and they are 24 hours and AMAZING. Poo poo all those who nay say! lol

Gus W
    Gus W
    Participant

Is there something wrong with the message board? The last response doesn’t seem to be in the right thread, and the thread that just started called ‘Columbus Neighborhoods – Bexley’ seems to be in reply to something in another thread but is a lone post.

Or maybe it’s just user error. :P

wpcc88
    Participant

Is there something wrong with the message board? The last response doesn’t seem to be in the right thread, and the thread that just started called ‘Columbus Neighborhoods – Bexley’ seems to be in reply to something in another thread but is a lone post.

Or maybe it’s just user error. :P

No it is we were talking about the Mexican food truck that used to be at the Shell earlier in the thread.

Gus W
    Gus W
    Participant

Ah, I scrolled down to the Feb 15, and missed the post before it from December. Whoops!

heresthecasey
    Participant

Elford presented this project again at the UAC zoning meeting last Monday. Notes are on the last page of the meeting minutes linked below.

The current iteration is a 4-story building 3 retail spaces on the ground floor, and 27 1-br apartments on floors 2-4. Some digital signage was proposed as well, but was basically nixed by commissioners as inappropriate.

http://universityarea.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/2015-0302_zoning_mtng_notes_voting_record.pdf

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

I don’t see the issue with digital signage on a very busy intersection of High Street on campus. Might bring a little more flair to the street scene, if done correctly. One would want that area to be as “lively” as possible. Small doses of digital signage can provide a little eye candy and is just another way to engage the senses.

Also, I see Taco Bell has a proposal. That looks ambitious!!

Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant
    Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant

Updated rendering from Columbus Business First of the Lane & High Shell station site!

photo elford_zpsjgoogrn4.jpg

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE