Our City Online

Messageboard - Politics

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Proposed bill will make beastiality illegal in Ohio

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Politics Proposed bill will make beastiality illegal in Ohio

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)
  • Author

News
    Participant

House bill would make sex with animals a felony

Thursday, June 30, 2011

BY JOSH JARMAN

THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH

You can love your pet, just don’t love your pet.

That’s the message of a new House bill introduced yesterday that would make bestiality, or sexual relations with animals, a felony offense in the state. The bill was prompted by the arrest of a Shelby man earlier this month after authorities said he adopted a dog from the Richland County Animal Shelter so he could have sex with it.

READ MORE: http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2011/06/30/house-bill-would-make-sexwithanimalsafelony.html?sid=101

DonnaTate

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit…

cc

What worries me is all of those people finding out it is not illegal.

berdawn

How many jobs will this create?

rus
    rus
    Participant

cc wrote >>

Figure if someone thinks of a pet shop when they hear the phrase “get a little pussy” they’re not too concerned about legalities.

shirtandpants
    Participant

This is what lawmakers are choosing to spend their time on? Give me a fucking break.

Roland
    Participant

Can they add a clause to include animal-furniture relationships? My twisted cat is into golden showers and I could use a little help from law enforcement.

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

Feh. If you want to see abuse of animals, look into the commercial breeding industries. Look up “caslick” for example, or maybe “crump method” for something more festive.

You can confine them, you can restrain them, you can mutilate them, you can kill them, good for you! But no sex, that’s abuse.

BTW what happened to that guy’s dog? Was she put down?

Twixlen
    Participant

She probably got pregnant & is in hiding…

myliftkk
    Participant

I’m sure glad that we’ll be devoting our shrinking number of law officers time to cruising pet-boffing micro communities as opposed to say preventing things like armed robbery.

This dovetails quite nicely with the Hansen thread I think. How long before NBC airs “To Catch A Goat-Fucker”?

rus
    rus
    Participant

Twixlen wrote >>
    She probably got pregnant & is in hiding…

Soon to make a tearful appearance on maury povich as the paternity test is revealed…

“Yes, he’s the father!”
    “ruff ruff boooowowwww… ”

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

Wait, now maybe LEOs will now go to online chatrooms and pretend to be animals.

Tenzo
    Participant

If they are both animals does that cancel it out?

Tenzo
    Participant

This bill is disturbing on many levels

1) That there actually has to be a bill telling people this is wrong.
    2) That this is considered of such high importance that it takes priority over the other bills.

<insert snide Columbus cow comment here.>

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

rus wrote >>

cc wrote >>

Figure if someone thinks of a pet shop when they hear the phrase “get a little pussy” they’re not too concerned about legalities.

If there was ever a reason to bring back CU sig lines, this is it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE