Our City Online

Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Professional Networking in Columbus

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Everyday Chit Chat Professional Networking in Columbus

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

bjones7
    Participant

Could not find a topic on this. Where are some great places to professionally network in Columbus?

I’ve been a Network & System Administrator for 5 years for a small company in Columbus and before that at an I.T service startup in San Francisco. I can only find big corporate jobs in Columbus. Which aren’t bad, but I’m looking to network in hopes to find a growing company/ or even startup that could use my knowledge and skills.

In relationship to other peoples efforts, where are great places to network for job opportunities or to just network with other professionals in Columbus?

Jodi R
    Participant

Making connections is what it’s all about. Getting involved, meeting other people, having fun, doing some good works … that’s how you put yourself out there the next time a great opportunity comes up.

Columbus Young Professionals promotes themselves as the nations’ largest young professionals organization – so if you haven’t already, check them out. They have great opportunities to get and stay involved, all while making connections. http://www.cypclub.com/

Another idea is to volunteer doing something that interests you. It’s a great way to network by connecting with others who are in the know AND think like you. Register here http://www.joinuscolumbus.com/volunteer/

Have fun!

CbusBiz
    Participant

Does anyone use Cbusr?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: