Our City Online

Messageboard - Politics

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Presidential Election 2012

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Politics Presidential Election 2012

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 2,844 total)
  • Author

Twixlen
    Participant

That reminds me of this little gem.

“This is the second poll in as many weeks to show Trump giving the establishment candidates a run for their money. Last week, an NBC/Wall Street Journal poll showed Trump running in second place at 17%, just behind frontrunner Romney’s 21%.”

joev
    Participant

@myliftkk There are so many types of crazy on the far right of the Republican Party, that I think there’s a good shot for a moderate. God help us if less than a third of Republicans haven’t evolved past the pitchfork mentality.

Antonio

It’s getting ugly very early…

I wish we would go to a parlimentary system of government sometimes. Elections over and done within weeks instead of years.

ColumbusTime wrote >>
    It has become such a pain to run for office that we get stuck with these losers.
    Huckabee is a hack who will say whatever to get elected. He plays the simpleton man of the Arkansas people bit that is annoying as hell.
    Romney is a phony who has been running for 4+ years now. Damaged goods.
    Obama is a phony who will say whatever to get elected (obviously). He might have a better chance if he kicked Biden to the curb.
    I would love to see someone primary Obama.
    And maybe Pawlenty, Mitch Daniels, or someone yet to be named will give some cause for optimism or else we will be stuck choosing from a list of warmed over losers.

I’d like to see Dennis Kucinich run again, and finish the race, but the press will always marginalize him because he isn’t tall enough or “presidential” enough.

myliftkk
    Participant

joev wrote >>
    @myliftkk There are so many types of crazy on the far right of the Republican Party, that I think there’s a good shot for a moderate. God help us if less than a third of Republicans haven’t evolved past the pitchfork mentality.

I don’t think it’s a question of evolution, so much as it is who’s left even voting in R primaries. If enough moderates bailed on party identification, and there’s reason to think a lot have, then candidates are going to skew towards the fringe.

Check out this gem from Alan Simpson though (he of “Social Security = Cow w/ 300m tits” fame):

“That’s the kind of guys that are going to be on my ticket, you know, makes you sort out hard what Reagan said, you know, ‘stick with your folks,'” explained Simpson to Matthews. “But I’m not sticking with people who are homophobic, anti-women, you know, moral values while you’re diddling your secretary while you’re giving a speech on moral values. Come on. Get off of it.”

[url=http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/12/alan-simpson-abortion-gay-rights_n_848270.html]http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/12/alan-simpson-abortion-gay-rights_n_848270.html[/url]

Antonio

Although the election is many months from now, Obama taking a beating in the polls. Especially troubling for him is the independents; drops to a new all time low of 35% approval.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/147140/Obama-Job-Approval-Tying-Low.aspx

Brant
    Participant

(NSFW, f-bomb)

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

WOW!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Which reality show is that from?

myliftkk
    Participant

@brant – here’s a partially transcript of trump’s quotes.

Once while discussing Iraq.
    “We build a school, we build a road, they blow up the school, we build another school, we build another road they blow them up, we build again, in the meantime we can’t get a f***ing school in Brooklyn,” Trump says.

To the audiences approval, while talking oil.

“We have nobody in Washington that sits back and said, you’re not going to raise that f****ing price,” he says.

And finally, while speaking about taxing Chinese goods.

“Listen you mother f***ers we’re going to tax you 25 percent,” Trump says.

@walker – It was a speech he gave in vegas last night

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/04/donald-trump-drops-f-bombs-in-vegas-stump-speech-video.php?ref=fpb

Walker wrote >>
    Which reality show is that from?

The 2012 Presidential Election Race.

Core_Models

So Trump’s foreign policy revolves around the concept of “we should go on to pillage any country we beat up”.

Yeah, that seems like a well thought out platform.

sixby9is42

Core_Models wrote >>
    So Trump’s foreign policy revolves around the concept of “we should go on to pillage any country we beat up”.
    Yeah, that seems like a well thought out platform.

Go to 5:29

ColumbusTime
    ColumbusTime
    Participant

Obama’s only prayer for re-election lies with the Republicans. If they nominate a terrible polarizing nominee/moron (which don’t put it past them to do so) like Huckabee or Bachmann or Palin, then Obama has a chance. If they nominate someone reasonable like Mitch Daniels or Tim Pawlenty or another governor or dark horse, then Obama will lose. High unemployment, high debt, high gas prices. Not looking good.

Obama started re-election so early. His campaign is going to try and smear any Republican that starts to get a head up on the field, and just try to raise a ton of cash for a negative campaign. Hope/change has morphed to bitter/nasty/angry. His campaign theme could be “I am bad, but they will be worse.”

bastardsuperstar
    Participant

ColumbusTime wrote >>
    but they will be worse.”

he’d be right . . .

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 2,844 total)

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE