Our City Online

Messageboard - Politics

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Presidential Election 2012

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Politics Presidential Election 2012

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 2,821 through 2,835 (of 2,844 total)
  • Author

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant
    rus
    rus
    Participant

ricospaz said:

15 minute wait at Grandview High School. Not bad

About that for me as well. Not bad at all.

CbusIslander
    Participant

90 minutes this year. Arrived at 6:30 voted at 8 am. Our polling location is always nuts. Quest Church at Central College. At least the wait is entertaining and all inside.
    It was about the same in ’08 but far better than the 5 1/2 hour wait in ’04. It was great to be the “one” polling location in the state left to report as mentioned on CNN. People that year didn’t finish voting till past 1am the day after the election.

rus
    rus
    Participant

Mister Shifter
    Participant

I voted up in Polaris at The Polaris Church.

Zero line. Took less than 5 minutes once I walked through the door to confirm drivers license, vote and exit.

Thumbs up. Would bang.

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

1:15 at Ecole Kenwood, the poll workers were waiting for voters.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

chaptal said:
    Depends on where you are I guess. My station had a wide range of ages running the polls, including one of my former VolunTeens from the library. So proud!

Yeah, there were plenty of teenage helpers at our location too along with young and old poll workers. Wasn’t an exclusive 80-90 year old party going on in there.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

I mean, Stannis is a total dick, but the Lannisters are batshit crazy. And Renly Baratheon cleary isn’t fit to lead either. I might just throw my hands up in the air and vote for Hodor.

Oops, wrong thread. My bad.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Mister Shifter said:
    I mean, Stannis is a total dick, but the Lannisters are batshit crazy. And Renly Baratheon cleary isn’t fit to lead either. I might just throw my hands up in the air and vote for Hodor.

Oops, wrong thread. My bad.

Chris Sunami
    Chris Sunami
    Participant

So, this link includes a video showing a machine changing an Obama vote to Romney.

Plus apparently in Florida, they sent out robocalls in a heavily Democratic county erroneously telling people they could vote through tomorrow.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/watch-glitch-voting-machine-pennsylvania-171806481–election.html

geoyui
    Participant

Some art portraying president’s as superheroes

News
    Participant

Central Ohioans Turn Out To Vote; Long Lines & Few Issues Reported
    By: NBC4 & Associated Press | NBC4
    Published: November 06, 2012

All eyes are on Ohio. After months of campaigning and political commercials vying for votes, it’s time to make the decisions. Election sites opened their doors at 6:30 a.m. Tuesday after more than a month of early voting. Polls stay open until 7:30 p.m., bringing an end to the intense presidential campaign for Ohio’s 18 electoral votes.

READ MORE: http://www2.ohio-votes.com/news/2012/nov/06/18/central-ohioans-decide-presidential-statewide-scho-ar-1229304/

News
    Participant

True the Vote poll watchers barred from Columbus Ohio polls
    by Ugonna Okpalaoka | November 6, 2012 at 4:43 PM

The Franklin County Board of Elections has rejected requests from True the Vote to place poll watchers at precincts around Central Ohio. According to Ohio political blog Plunderbund, the Board of Elections met yesterday over suspicions that the organization’s forms had been falsified. It seems that True the Vote used candidate signatures from a previous set of forms filed in early October to fill out this recent set. The only problem is that all but one of the six candidates whose names were on the form have since withdrawn their signatures.

READ MORE: http://thegrio.com/2012/11/06/true-the-vote-poll-watchers-barred-from-columbus-ohio-polls/

News
    Participant

Don’t underestimate the Mittmentum; Romney’s late surge may be enough to deliver Ohio

COLUMBUS, Ohio – It was like a scene straight out of a movie. Dramatic, presidential-sounding music filled the room. A chill swept over the crowd as the airport hanger door suddenly opened. Before the crowd knew what was happening, GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney’s plane drove into the election eve rally at Landmark Aviation in Columbus, Ohio. The crowd went wild. Even the press, which has now heard Romney’s current stump speech more than a dozen times, jumped out of their seats to go watch the presidential candidate’s grand entrance.

READ MORE: http://redalertpolitics.com/2012/11/06/dont-underestimate-the-mittmentum-romneys-late-surge-may-be-enough-to-deliver-ohio/

News
    Participant

Romney breaks tradition with Election Day campaigning
    By Rachel Streitfeld, CNN
    Tue November 6, 2012

Columbus, Ohio (CNN) — Mitt Romney did not spend the final hours of the presidential race in his hometown, as is traditional for a candidate, but instead embarked upon a last-minute push for votes in Ohio and Pennsylvania.

READ MORE: http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/06/politics/romney-sidebar/index.html

Viewing 15 posts - 2,821 through 2,835 (of 2,844 total)

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Local journalism is more important than ever. Please take a moment to read a bit about our mission and consider financially supporting our cause.

CLICK HERE