Our City Online

Messageboard - Politics

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Presidential Election 2012

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Politics Presidential Election 2012

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 2,806 through 2,820 (of 2,844 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

The “Glamour Shots” on the walls of the early voting Kohls were a nice touch.
    Traffic gridlock was so bad that I drove across the street and parked where Northland Mall used to be. 1 1/2 hours from the car and back, but I had a day off yesterday so I took advantage of the opportunity.

bjones7
    Participant

groundrules said:
    we can put transformers and shit on Mars, but after 200 years, we still can’t run a decent, easy, transparent and robust election?

because NASA is government run and election polls are old people run. Just think what would happen if a bunch of 80/90 year olds tried to put a rover on mars.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

bjones7
    Participant

bjones7 said:
    because NASA is government run and election polls are old people run. Just think what would happen if a bunch of 80/90 year olds tried to put a rover on mars.

Correction* Run by volunteers who are older because they do not work.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

groundrules said:
    yeah, i guess we just need a few more years of practice.

There would still be something to complain about.

James
    Participant

40 minute line at 8:10 am. The line was tapering but still probably 20 minutes when we left.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Walker said:
    We went in around 9am on Mt. Vernon and had no one in line in front of us. In and out in less than 10 minutes, which is the norm for our polling location over the past few years.

Yep, always in and out on Bryden…same thing this am. East peasy.

News
    Participant

Long Lines Expected At Polls As Obama, Romney Look For Battleground Votes
    Tuesday November 6, 2012 6:10 AM

COLUMBUS, Ohio – From the start, Ohio has been a critical state in the presidential election. With Election Day upon the battleground state, officials expected long lines at the poll as Ohioans gather to cast their ballots for the historic race. As many as 300 people waited in line for their chance to vote early at the Morse Road location Monday morning.

READ MORE: http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2012/11/06/columbus-long-lines-expected-at-polls-as-race-comes-to-close.html

News
    Participant

Live Election Blog: Polls Open, Legal Issues Remain
    November 6, 2012
    by WOSU News Staff

8:00 a.m.– After months of campaign visits and a barrage of political ads, Ohio polls have finally opened for Election Day. Voters are casting ballots in the presidential race, a U.S. Senate contest, and hundreds of local, legislative, and congressional races.

READ MORE: http://wosu.org/2012/news/2012/11/06/live-election-blog-polls-open-legal-issues-remain/

News
    Participant

Romney jets into Columbus for final Columbus campaign stop
    By Christopher Braun
    Published: Monday, November 5, 2012

Romney spoke to a packed crowd at his “victory rally” at Landmark Aviation near the Port Columbus Airport about the fate of America if President Barack Obama is re-elected for a second term and painted his own plan for a better America. He said Obama promised change he did not create, and “accomplishing real change isn’t something I just talk about, but something I’ve already done and something I will continue to do as president of the United States with your help.”

READ MORE: http://www.thelantern.com/campus/romney-jets-into-columbus-for-final-columbus-campaign-stop-1.2945360#.UJkgdkI9ksk

Snarf said:
    Yep, always in and out on Bryden…same thing this am. East peasy.

i musta hit the “on the way to work crowd” at bryden…i was in line for about 15 minutes but it made me happy to see so many people out.

chaptal
    Participant

bjones7 said:

Depends on where you are I guess. My station had a wide range of ages running the polls, including one of my former VolunTeens from the library. So proud!

ricospaz
    Participant

I thought Romney came in on that blimp floating above C-bus!

15 minute wait at Grandview High School. Not bad

groundrules
    Participant

Walker said:
    There would still be something to complain about.

which means there would still be message boards.

howatzer
    Participant

Almost an hour at Thompson Rec. It’s kind of a cluster over there.

I also felt pretty unsafe going there to vote without any New Black Panthers there to protect me.

Viewing 15 posts - 2,806 through 2,820 (of 2,844 total)

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE