Our City Online

Messageboard - Politics

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Presidential Election 2012

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Politics Presidential Election 2012

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 2,844 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

2012: Obama runs ahead in generic Pew poll

By Peyton M. Craighill

President Barack Obama runs ahead of an unnamed Republican opponent by 47 to 37 percent among registered voters in a new poll from the Pew Research Center. The poll also finds former governors Mitt Romney and Mike Huckabee as the most likely candidates to fill that Republican slot.

Before rolling out the data too far, a few caveats. The election is more than a year and a half away. And without a named opponent in a horserace question, the true electoral choice is obscured — hence a large 16 percent report being undecided.

READ MORE: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/behind-the-numbers/post/2012-obama-runs-ahead-in-generic-pew-poll/2011/03/23/ABNlnfJB_blog.html

awd86ed

Even If I was to vote republican I couldn’t take huckabee serious since he is now a fox news pundit.

Antonio

jimbach
    Participant

Antonio wrote >>
    Still along time until November of 2012.
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/03/24/us-libya-usa-poll-idUSTRE72N1JN20110324

Foreign policy rarely means anything when it comes to presidential elections.

Pablo
    Participant

Poll has Charlie Sheen beating Sarah Palin for President:

“Apparently, Democratic voters would vote for Charlie Sheen for president over her by 44 to 22 percent. Independents, too, by 41 to 36 percent. “

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/262515/marrying-sarah-palin-and-two-sheens-kathryn-jean-lopez?page=1

I see The Donald isn’t on that list of potential GOP candidates. Can you imagine his foreign policy platform?

Core_Models

awd86ed wrote >>
    Even If I was to vote republican I couldn’t take huckabee serious since he is now a fox news pundit.

As much as I hate 90% of the stuff on Fox News, I actually am OK with Huckabee’s show. Fairly entertaining, not insane or fear mongering, pretty decent stuff.

awd86ed

Core_Models wrote >>

awd86ed wrote >>

As much as I hate 90% of the stuff on Fox News, I actually am OK with Huckabee’s show. Fairly entertaining, not insane or fear mongering, pretty decent stuff.

I’ll have to catch an episode other than what media matters shows me. My own liberal bias. I will say I don’t think Mitt Romney is all that bad of a guy. I might be wrong. I wonder what everyone else thinks of him.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Campaign just launched: http://www.barackobama.com/

Twixlen
    Participant

awd86ed wrote >>

Core_Models wrote >>

awd86ed wrote >>

I’ll have to catch an episode other than what media matters shows me. My own liberal bias. I will say I don’t think Mitt Romney is all that bad of a guy. I might be wrong. I wonder what everyone else thinks of him.

Mitt Romney has been dead to me since he strapped his dog, in a carrier, to the roof of his car for a 12 hour car ride. I know it was a long time ago, but still.

rus
    rus
    Participant

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

^Nice.

I didn’t fall for the Shepard Fairey poster or catchy slogan last time around, don’t know why I would a second.

rus
    rus
    Participant

Snarf wrote >>
    ^Nice.
    I didn’t fall for the Shepard Fairey poster or catchy slogan last time around, don’t know why I would a second.

I thought the flying unicorn leaving a rainbow trail was a nice touch…

dubdave00
    Participant

rus wrote >>

Snarf wrote >>
    ^Nice.

I thought the flying unicorn leaving a rainbow trail was a nice touch…

It’s ok. I think I could have cherry-picked better bites out of context than the NRSC did.

Plus, every single negative in that ad could be remashed/remixed and fairly held against the Bush administration: Sounds of united protesters, high gas prices, big spending and deficits, criticism of a national disaster, and shots of the President “not working”.

I’m no political expert, but that video seems more like a Washington-Insider’s idea of “funny” than a common persons.

myliftkk
    Participant

Between Bachmann, Trump, The Turtle, and The Tangerine, I can hardly wait for the Republican campaign season to get rolling.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 2,844 total)

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE