Our City Online

Messageboard - Politics

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Presidential Debate - Oct 3, 2012

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Politics Presidential Debate – Oct 3, 2012

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 116 total)
  • Author
    Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Coremodels said:
    I think its safe to say, that anyone who’d consider either MSNBC or Fox as fair and balanced is too partisan for their own good.

bingo.

happy friday everyone!

rus
    rus
    Participant

Coremodels said:
    I think its safe to say, that anyone who’d consider either MSNBC or Fox as fair and balanced is too partisan for their own good.

jillg
    Participant

I watched the first 5 minutes of the debate (before my kids started screaming their heads off and I had to get them to bed) and I was shocked at how bad Obama looked. My first thought was that he was sick with the flu or something. Didn’t see anymore, but from all the facebook, twitter, news stories the next day, sounds like he didn’t improve as the night went along.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

For a frame of reference on Fox’s website right now:

hugh59
    hugh59
    Participant

Today is my birthday and do you know what I would like to receive as a present? I would like to make a statement on a thread at CU that everyone agrees with. So, here goes.

I think the people posting on this thread have good cause to feel proud. Everyone posting here is a credit to the web and to blogs.

Comments? Criticisms? Condemnations? Calls for banishment or excommunication (I am listening to an Open Yale Course on the early middle ages and I am way enjoying the discussion of the various religious heresies)?

Graybeak
    Participant

hugh59 said:
    Today is my birthday and do you know what I would like to receive as a present? I would like to make a statement on a thread at CU that everyone agrees with. So, here goes.

I think the people posting on this thread have good cause to feel proud. Everyone posting here is a credit to the web and to blogs.

Comments? Criticisms? Condemnations? Calls for banishment or excommunication (I am listening to an Open Yale Course on the early middle ages and I am way enjoying the discussion of the various religious heresies)?

+1 I agree.

rus
    rus
    Participant

hugh59 said:

This is CU, so someone will hate on you.

Still, happy birthday!

rus
    rus
    Participant

Coremodels said:
    For a frame of reference on Fox’s website right now:

To be fair, they’re not the only ones talking about that.

http://www.businessinsider.com/jack-welch-obama-jobs-report-numbers-romney-2012-10

hugh59
    hugh59
    Participant

rus said:
    This is CU, so someone will hate on you.

Still, happy birthday!

Hopefully Walker is on the ball and will delete the ugly comments before I have a chance to see them.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

hugh59 said:
    Hopefully Walker is on the ball and will delete the ugly comments before I have a chance to see them.

Nothing so far. ;)

Happy B-Day!!!

hugh59
    hugh59
    Participant

Oh my…

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

rus said:
    To be fair, they’re not the only ones talking about that.

http://www.businessinsider.com/jack-welch-obama-jobs-report-numbers-romney-2012-10

That’s a bit different. That’s a story most sites are covering, including MSNBC, but its not their front page…and its not treated with credibility. The front page of Business Insider has:

“ECONOMIST: It’s ‘Bizarre, Outrageous, And Despicable’ To Suggest That The Job Numbers Were Manipulated

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com#ixzz28SJJFw1J”

Not Jack Welch’s insanity. Fox ran with it like it was real, factual news.

btw, Happy B-Day Hughster…and I agree, pretty civil political discourse here at CU :D

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Hugh, that’s one of the greatest things I’ve ever seen.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Coremodels said:

On a semi-related note… have you seen this? Crazy impressive editing skills.

hugh59
    hugh59
    Participant

Coremodels said:

I particularly like what happens to Big Bird.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 116 total)

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

KEEP LOCAL JOURNALISM HEALTHY.

Local journalism is more important than ever. Please take a moment to read a bit about our mission and consider financially supporting our cause.

CLICK HERE