Our City Online

Messageboard - Politics

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Presidential Debate - Oct 3, 2012

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Politics Presidential Debate – Oct 3, 2012

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 116 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #515814
    Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

    Coremodels said:
    I think its safe to say, that anyone who’d consider either MSNBC or Fox as fair and balanced is too partisan for their own good.

    bingo.

    happy friday everyone!

    #515815
    rus
    rus
    Participant

    Coremodels said:
    I think its safe to say, that anyone who’d consider either MSNBC or Fox as fair and balanced is too partisan for their own good.

    #515816

    jillg
    Participant

    I watched the first 5 minutes of the debate (before my kids started screaming their heads off and I had to get them to bed) and I was shocked at how bad Obama looked. My first thought was that he was sick with the flu or something. Didn’t see anymore, but from all the facebook, twitter, news stories the next day, sounds like he didn’t improve as the night went along.

    #515817
    Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

    For a frame of reference on Fox’s website right now:

    #515818
    hugh59
    hugh59
    Participant

    Today is my birthday and do you know what I would like to receive as a present? I would like to make a statement on a thread at CU that everyone agrees with. So, here goes.

    I think the people posting on this thread have good cause to feel proud. Everyone posting here is a credit to the web and to blogs.

    Comments? Criticisms? Condemnations? Calls for banishment or excommunication (I am listening to an Open Yale Course on the early middle ages and I am way enjoying the discussion of the various religious heresies)?

    #515819

    Graybeak
    Participant

    hugh59 said:
    Today is my birthday and do you know what I would like to receive as a present? I would like to make a statement on a thread at CU that everyone agrees with. So, here goes.

    I think the people posting on this thread have good cause to feel proud. Everyone posting here is a credit to the web and to blogs.

    Comments? Criticisms? Condemnations? Calls for banishment or excommunication (I am listening to an Open Yale Course on the early middle ages and I am way enjoying the discussion of the various religious heresies)?

    +1 I agree.

    #515820
    rus
    rus
    Participant

    hugh59 said:
    Today is my birthday and do you know what I would like to receive as a present? I would like to make a statement on a thread at CU that everyone agrees with. So, here goes.

    This is CU, so someone will hate on you.

    Still, happy birthday!

    #515821
    rus
    rus
    Participant

    Coremodels said:
    For a frame of reference on Fox’s website right now:

    To be fair, they’re not the only ones talking about that.

    http://www.businessinsider.com/jack-welch-obama-jobs-report-numbers-romney-2012-10

    #515822
    hugh59
    hugh59
    Participant

    rus said:
    This is CU, so someone will hate on you.

    Still, happy birthday!

    Hopefully Walker is on the ball and will delete the ugly comments before I have a chance to see them.

    #515823
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

    hugh59 said:
    Hopefully Walker is on the ball and will delete the ugly comments before I have a chance to see them.

    Nothing so far. ;)

    Happy B-Day!!!

    #515824
    hugh59
    hugh59
    Participant

    Oh my…

    #515825
    Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

    rus said:
    To be fair, they’re not the only ones talking about that.

    http://www.businessinsider.com/jack-welch-obama-jobs-report-numbers-romney-2012-10

    That’s a bit different. That’s a story most sites are covering, including MSNBC, but its not their front page…and its not treated with credibility. The front page of Business Insider has:

    “ECONOMIST: It’s ‘Bizarre, Outrageous, And Despicable’ To Suggest That The Job Numbers Were Manipulated

    Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com#ixzz28SJJFw1J”

    Not Jack Welch’s insanity. Fox ran with it like it was real, factual news.

    btw, Happy B-Day Hughster…and I agree, pretty civil political discourse here at CU :D

    #515826
    Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

    Hugh, that’s one of the greatest things I’ve ever seen.

    #515827
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

    Coremodels said:
    Hugh, that’s one of the greatest things I’ve ever seen.

    On a semi-related note… have you seen this? Crazy impressive editing skills.

    #515828
    hugh59
    hugh59
    Participant

    Coremodels said:
    Hugh, that’s one of the greatest things I’ve ever seen.

    I particularly like what happens to Big Bird.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 116 total)

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

KEEP LOCAL JOURNALISM HEALTHY.

Local journalism is more important than ever. Please take a moment to read a bit about our mission and consider financially supporting our cause.

CLICK HERE