Our City Online

Messageboard - Politics

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Presidential Debate - Oct 22, 2012

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Politics Presidential Debate – Oct 22, 2012

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

Schoolyard?

Isn’t it elementary to know that the number of ships doesn’t matter, but the strategy behind them?

geoyui
    Participant

James said:
    When two dogs meet, the dominant one always ignores the noise and threat of the other.

Isn’t this what usually happens when dogs meet?

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

James said:
    When two dogs meet, the dominant one always ignores the noise and threat of the other. President Obama did not act like the dominant dog last night – he acted like he was trying to save himself. I personally thought alot of his ‘zingers’ were a bit schoolyard.

I’m constantly astonished that while basically the entire rest of the country can acknowledge a win by Obama in a debate, hardcore conservatives still can’t.

Ari Fleischer sat on TV last night admitting he won ffs.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Coremodels said:
    I’m constantly astonished that while basically the entire rest of the country can acknowledge a win by Obama in a debate, hardcore conservatives still can’t.

Astonishment at stupidity is very bi-partisan. ;)

James
    Participant

Coremodels said:

I think Obama won the debate. He scored debate points, but I don’t think he scored election points. His responses show he’s on the defensive.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Snarf said:
    Astonishment at stupidity is very bi-partisan. ;)

heh :D

I actually agree, I don’t think the debate will move that many votes. What kills me, as an Obama supporter, is the “what if” had he actually shown up to the first debate and Romney not gotten that significant bump.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Coremodels said:
    heh :D

I actually agree, I don’t think the debate will move that many votes. What kills me, as an Obama supporter, is the “what if” had he actually shown up to the first debate and Romney not gotten that significant bump.

The “what-if’s” are strong with the messiah.

rus
    rus
    Participant

MichaelC said:
    Schoolyard?

Isn’t it elementary to know that the number of ships doesn’t matter, but the strategy behind them?

The number of ships is part of the strategy.

This made the rounds a while back:
    http://www.usni.org/magazines/proceedings/2011-02/strategic-choices-tipping-point

fortuna

Coremodels said:

I’m tired of hearing about who “won”. All it means is they spit better game at a few questions. What people need to take away is whose policy most matches with their own, not who won or lost.

melikecheese
    Participant

Mitt is really good at math when he needs to count nukes or how many years closer to a nuke someone is.

Who knows what will happen, I mean the country re-elected Bush Jr and jobs were dropping hard and fast, but now those same exact people refuse to vote for Obama because of “slow growth”. Since then I have pretty much given up on the “right” person getting elected.

I see a long term solution guy currently sitting as President, and I see another short term, short sighted guy trying to get back in. Sadly I think humans in general have a hard time seeing long term plans out, too impatient, think things can change in 3 days.

James
    Participant

MichaelC said:
    Schoolyard?

Yup. And depending on how you make the point, you can come off as knowledgable, temperate and mature. Or knowledgable and a little bit desperate to score a point on your opponent. I think the president achieved the latter with his answer.

fortuna

James said:
    Yup. And depending on how you make the point, you can come off as knowledgable, temperate and mature. Or knowledgable and a little bit desperate to score a point on your opponent. I think the president achieved the latter with his answer.

Does it matter who was trying harder to “score a point”?
    You are voting in a set of values and policies. I can’t imagine looking at the potus in three years and thinking “man, I sure am glad this guy seemes to not be trying too hard”.

James
    Participant

fortuna said:
    Does it matter who was trying harder to “score a point”?
    You are voting in a set of values and policies. I can’t imagine looking at the potus in three years and thinking “man, I sure am glad this guy seemes to not be trying too hard”.

Values voting is what got us GW.

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

rus said:
    The number of ships is part of the strategy.

This made the rounds a while back:
    http://www.usni.org/magazines/proceedings/2011-02/strategic-choices-tipping-point

As you know, that’s not at all the argument that Romney was making. Romney’s argument is, “We have fewer ships, therefore we are weaker.”

It’s not a numbers game alone. That’s what Romney framed it as being. That’s elementary.

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

MichaelC said:
    As you know, that’s not at all the argument that Romney was making. Romney’s argument is, “We have fewer ships, therefore we are weaker.”

Sadly, the Army also lacks the mules it used to have. As you can see, we no longer receive wise council regarding the efficient allocation of military resources.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

KEEP LOCAL JOURNALISM HEALTHY.

Local journalism is more important than ever. Please take a moment to read a bit about our mission and consider financially supporting our cause.

CLICK HERE