Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

President Obama to Deliver Spring Commencement Address at OSU

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion President Obama to Deliver Spring Commencement Address at OSU

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

musicfan2 said:
    @Joev,
    yeah – hilarious – There was an announcement the university made about locking in tuition increases that popped up on the local news sites, right after I made my snarky comments.
    I am happy about that.
    affordable education from a state university is becoming not so affordable.

Won’t speak for Joe, but the statement that 50,000.00 would increase tuition and the other nonsense you mentioned, is ridiculous. Of course, they could raise tuition by 85 cents a student and pay for it I suppose. Or the athletic department could just write a check for it.

mrmann

This is the kind of person that a premiere university can bring in. Columbus is a great city with a world class university.

joev
    Participant

Coremodels said:
    Won’t speak for Joe, but the statement that 50,000.00 would increase tuition and the other nonsense you mentioned, is ridiculous. Of course, they could raise tuition by 85 cents a student and pay for it I suppose. Or the athletic department could just write a check for it.

They’ll probably just charge it all to the most conservative student.

Coy
    Participant

http://www.ysunews.com/modern-family-star-ed-oneill-to-speak-at-ysu-commencement/

I’d take ED O’Neill any day.
    Straight up Ytown gold.

RhondaH

musicfan2 said:
    looks like the stage, video and sound budget just went up about $50,000.

Next week the university announces tuition increases, salary caps for the football team, pay increase for bowtie man and football staff.

I think things like having a national figure (a sitting president) speak at commencement helps to further OSU’s prestige. I think things like this increase the value of my diploma even though I graduated a few years ago.

geoyui
    Participant

If someone wanted to sell their tickets, how much do you think they could get?

RhondaH

geoyui said:
    If someone wanted to sell their tickets, how much do you think they could get?

It looks like $75 at the present and will only go up…

Ohio State grads’ pleas for tickets commence

Although her family would be willing to spend “however much it takes” on the tickets, Stiteler said, as of last night she hadn’t heard from any potential sellers.
    Another poster — Sasha Emerman, 21, of Cleveland — had heard from a seller, but the seller turned down her offer of $40 a ticket, she said, because someone else had offered more.
    She finds the notion of paying extra for tickets unsettling, she said, but would pay up to $75 so her stepdad and boyfriend can see her graduate along with her mom, dad, sister and grandma.

– See more at: http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2013/02/22/osu-grads-pleas-for-tickets-commence.html#sthash.jth8iVIh.dpuf

NerosNeptune
    Participant

if i were a harder worker i’d be there for graduation.. oh well

News
    Participant

Ohio State issues strict security precautions for Obama’s speech at Sunday graduation ceremony
    Print By James F. McCarty, The Plain Dealer
    May 01, 2013 at 10:59 AM

COLUMBUS, Ohio — The 10,000 Ohio State University spring graduates and their families face one more hurdle before they get their diplomas.

READ MORE: http://www.cleveland.com/open/index.ssf/2013/05/ohio_state_issues_strict_secur.html

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE