Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

President Obama to be on 97.1 the Fan

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion President Obama to be on 97.1 the Fan

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Author

geoyui
    Participant

ColumbusTime said:
    Two sports guys invited on to CNN to discuss an inane 5 minute interview with the President, lol. Jesus is the mainstream media dying to get out some good news for the President.

The President providing an exclusive interview in a battleground state to 2 guys on a sports radio talk show got about 4 minutes of coverage on cnn. Just 4 minutes. If Romney does the same, wouldn’t you expect him to get 4 minutes of coverage on foxnews? Also, the common man and the torg have extended an invitation to Romney.

Here’s the cnn clip. The Torg looked awkward on tv.

rus
    rus
    Participant

ColumbusTime said:
    Two sports guys invited on to CNN to discuss an inane 5 minute interview with the President, lol. Jesus is the mainstream media dying to get out some good news for the President.

Guess it’s easier to go on a sports show than talk jobs reports.

ColumbusTime
    ColumbusTime
    Participant

geoyui said:
    The President providing an exclusive interview in a battleground state to 2 guys on a sports radio talk show got about 4 minutes of coverage on cnn. Just 4 minutes. If Romney does the same, wouldn’t you expect him to get 4 minutes of coverage on foxnews?

No I wouldn’t, and I would also hope not. But desperate for stupid stories in the news cycle, you never know. CNN had nothing better to discuss than that? If inane stories are the rage, how about a 4 minute discussion on the greatest sports President from Chicago mispronouncing the home of the Chicago Cubs twice.

geoyui
    Participant

ColumbusTime said:
    No I wouldn’t, and I would also hope not.

So is it safe to say that if Romney (or whoever you may support) does the same as Obama and is featured on a news channel, you will be the first to say “pandering” and call out the news channel that featured him (or her)?

Mister Shifter
    Participant

If a politician wants to go on the radio to chat sports and try to appeal to the average american “dude” in a battleground state, big deal. Who is it hurting? This isn’t some veiled wickedness at work.

And in regards to CNN not having anything better to discuss than this, they aired a tiny 3 minute spot on this, a blip over the course of 24 hours. You act like it was some headline story.

I’m not even a Obama supporter, I just don’t see the reason to get all up in arms over this.

geoyui
    Participant
Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

KEEP LOCAL JOURNALISM HEALTHY.

Local journalism is more important than ever. Please take a moment to read a bit about our mission and consider financially supporting our cause.

CLICK HERE