Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

President Obama to be on 97.1 the Fan

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion President Obama to be on 97.1 the Fan

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
  • Author

geoyui
    Participant

rus said:
    That’s bullshit and you know it.

Sure, it’s campaigning. Each side rallies to their team and disparages the other, except these days it’s usually done in places like this rather than on the streets.

I think Kit has a point though. I don’t know who you support politically, but if this thread wasn’t about Obama but about a candidate you supported, would you call that person out like you are doing to Kit, or are you playing the role of cheerleader as well?

rus
    rus
    Participant

geoyui said:
    I think Kit has a point though. I don’t know who you support politically, but if this thread wasn’t about Obama but about a candidate you supported, would you call that person out like you are doing to Kit, or are you playing the role of cheerleader as well?

Eh. I’m calling out Kit calling out ColumbusTime. This is campaigning ( 97.1 statements notwithstanding ) so one side saying how great it is while the other disparages isn’t unexpected.

ricospaz
    Participant

I can’t wait to hear Obama’s take on sports! F the politics!

hivner1

To be fair, when The Fan airs political ads, they are usually funded by right wing organizations. Also, as someone else has mentioned, the hosts of the show are fairly transparent republicans.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

hivner1 said:
    To be fair, when The Fan airs political ads, they are usually funded by right wing organizations. Also, as someone else has mentioned, the hosts of the show are fairly transparent republicans.

CM and Torg have also been pretty blatant in their righter wing/libertarian leanings. Obama may not be a legit baseball fan, but he’s absolutely the real deal for college football and basketball, and I’m imagining that will be pretty clear in this interview.

My guess, he’ll talk a lot about the new playoff system for football, since he talked about it a lot in the past.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/theoval/post/2012/06/obama-credited-for-college-football-playoff/1#.UBrFoEJtiHs

yekcoh23

Whatever happened to the middle? I can’t imagine why nothing gets accomplished in this country. (sarcasm alert)

Jman4ever
    Participant

I am fairly conservative, and I think that it’s pretty cool (for lack of a better word) that he is doing this.

That being said, in the years that they have been on, they have not been big on the guest thing. They did get the Big Ten coaches on a regular basis. All the Big Ten coaches with the exception of Paterno and Tressel. That’s right, the head coach from the team that the radio station is the flagship would not appear on their show.

edit to note that the current coach has been on their show a couple of times already.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

They’ve actually done a couple great interviews with Hoke too.

geoyui
    Participant

I thought the interview went well. Completely about sports, even when the Torg mentioned Romney (in a jokingly manner), he just continued talking about sports.

Here’s the interview if you’re curious.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Listened to it this morning, thought the broadcasters actually did quite well and Obama was great. Cool thing for Columbus radio.

ColumbusTime
    ColumbusTime
    Participant

Made me want to go watch a game at Wrigleys Field

geoyui
    Participant

apparently the common man and the torg will be on cnn to talk about their interview with the president.

Cookie

geoyui said:
    apparently the common man and the torg will be on cnn to talk about their interview with the president.

I think I just heard ColumbusTime’s head explode.

geoyui
    Participant

Here’s the Dispatch article on the interview.

Curious to see how the cnn interview goes.

ColumbusTime
    ColumbusTime
    Participant

Two sports guys invited on to CNN to discuss an inane 5 minute interview with the President, lol. Jesus is the mainstream media dying to get out some good news for the President.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

KEEP LOCAL JOURNALISM HEALTHY.

Local journalism is more important than ever. Please take a moment to read a bit about our mission and consider financially supporting our cause.

CLICK HERE