Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

President Obama to be on 97.1 the Fan

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion President Obama to be on 97.1 the Fan

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    ColumbusTime
    ColumbusTime
    Participant

geoyui said:
    Actually Obama responded via email that he already knew about the “my guys” saying. You may roll your eyes whether he knew or not, but that’s what the Common Man and the Torg said. If you have 2 men with different political values, sports is usually a safe way to bridge the gap. I’m pretty certain both the Common Man and the Torg have views that are contrary to Obama’s, and it sounds like they’re not going to let their political leanings affect the interview.

Obama’s staff responded, after probably listening a bit and told him to do it. Do you think a President who does a zillion fundraisers has time to listen to sports radio?

People in their position have to interview people all of the time they may disagree with. I am sure it will be a good interview, but he is still pandering for votes.

kit444
    Participant

ColumbusTime said:
    People in their position have to interview people all of the time they may disagree with. I am sure it will be a good interview, but he is still pandering for votes.

So?

rus
    rus
    Participant

kit444 said:
    So?

So let’s not pretend this isn’t campaigning.

kit444
    Participant

rus said:
    So let’s not pretend this isn’t campaigning.

Of course it is. What’s the point? Are we supposed to be outraged that a politician is trying to get people to like him so he can get more votes? Is this some big revelation ColumbusTime is sharing with us?

rus
    rus
    Participant

kit444 said:
    Of course it is. What’s the point? Are we supposed to be outraged that a politician is trying to get people to like him so he can get more votes? Is this some big revelation ColumbusTime is sharing with us?

Like there would be no snide remarks if this was Romney. Please.

kit444
    Participant

rus said:

Like you wouldn’t jump on the person doing that for the same reason. Please.

NerosNeptune
    Participant

Of course his staff is listening to 97.1 and briefing him on what to expect, things he could say to be more relatable. Does that mean we have to act like 3 year olds who just figured out their dad isn’t really stealing their nose? Politicians gonna politicate.

rus
    rus
    Participant

kit444 said:
    Like you wouldn’t jump on the person doing that for the same reason. Please.

So then you have no problem with ColumbusTime doing exactly what you would do.

geoyui
    Participant

rus said:
    So then you have no problem with ColumbusTime doing exactly what you would do.

So then shouldn’t you jump on ColumbusTime for what he’s doing?

rus
    rus
    Participant

geoyui said:
    So then shouldn’t you jump on ColumbusTime for what he’s doing?

Him and Kit are just cheerleaders for their teams. Kit wants to dip his nose in shit for it; that’s what I see as disingenuous.

kit444
    Participant

rus said:
    Him and Kit are just cheerleaders for their teams. Kit wants to dip his nose in shit for it; that’s what I see as disingenuous.

I’m a cheerleader for my team? And you’re the fair minded arbiter who defends both sides?

If someone had got on here bashing Romney for “pandering” you would be saying exactly what I did and doing it in record time, and you would be right. Someone calls out Obama for doing it and it’s crickets from you. Who’s disingenuous here?

ColumbusTime
    ColumbusTime
    Participant

kit444 said:
    So?

I get that all politicians pander but re-read the original post – “He will strictly talk about sports, no campaigning.”

rus
    rus
    Participant

kit444 said:
    I’m a cheerleader for my team? And you’re the fair minded arbiter who defends both sides?

If someone had got on here bashing Romney for “pandering” you would be saying exactly what I did and doing it in record time, and you would be right. Someone calls out Obama for doing it and it’s crickets from you. Who’s disingenuous here?

That’s bullshit and you know it.

Sure, it’s campaigning. Each side rallies to their team and disparages the other, except these days it’s usually done in places like this rather than on the streets.

FireEngine
    Participant

rus said:

lifeontwowheels said:
    And probably hold his own talking sports. I’m sure the Romney version would be hilarious. Not sure if the Common Man and the Torg are well versed in dressage.

rus
    rus
    Participant

Can’t believe I missed that.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

KEEP LOCAL JOURNALISM HEALTHY.

Local journalism is more important than ever. Please take a moment to read a bit about our mission and consider financially supporting our cause.

CLICK HERE