Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Pre - Thanksgiving turkey dinner

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Pre – Thanksgiving turkey dinner

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

patient_zero
    Participant

I’m looking for a restaurant that’s serving a good turkey dinner this weekend before Thanksgiving. Some of my friends are getting together for a pre – Thanksgiving dinner before we leave town and we don’t want to cook a turkey or do a take home box.
    I’ve already eaten a few Franksgiving dogs at Dirty Frank’s this year and I’m looking for dining beyond Bob Evans or Tee Jayes.
    My web search and phone calls have have not revealed any restaurants serving a nice Turkey dinner.
    Has anyone seen it on a local menu this weekend?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Probably not what you had in mind PZ, but the Gobblerito at Mad Mex was surprisingly tasty (my teenage son looks forward to them every year-we went November 1st for Dia de Los Muertos). One of them would feed a family of four, but leftovers are a Thanksgiving tradition. FWIW, Mad Mex has a decent beer selection too.

Kilgore Trout
    Kilgore Trout
    Participant

I concur with OAngle regarding The Gobblerito. I look forward to it every year. Some years I’ve been good and eaten half/taken half home. Most times I just plow thru it. If you take leftovers to heat up, be sure to get extra gravy.

The Press Grill does Thanksgiving dinner every Thursday after 5 pm, but…the next Thursday IS Thanksgiving.

patient_zero
    Participant

If anyone is looking for a Thanksgiving primer, than the Gobblerito should do it for you as well. Great recommendation guys. It had everything we were looking for in Thanksgiving – turkey, mashed potato and stuffing wrapped in tortilla and smothered in gravy. Their house IPA crafted by Fatheads cut through the richness nicely with 80 IBU of Mosaic hops.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: