Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Portia’s Cafe - New Vegan Restaurant in Clintonville

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Portia’s Cafe – New Vegan Restaurant in Clintonville

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

News
    Participant

Restaurant Review: Portia’s Cafe

Published on May 15, 2013 10:00 am

By: Miriam Bowers Abbott

Portia’s Café is the perfect place to take your most neurotic control-freak-friends. It’s organic, vegan, gluten-free, non-GMO, plus it serves lots of stuff for raw-food-only-eaters. Portia’s accommodates every possible food fear –and it does so in a cute, fun way.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/restaurant-review-portias-cafe-ma1

rus
    rus
    Participant

Portia’s Café is the perfect place to take your most neurotic control-freak-friends.

In Clintonville, you say?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I knew Rus would be the first to respond! So predictable! ;)

rus
    rus
    Participant

Walker said:
    I knew Rus would be the first to respond! So predictable! ;)

Neurotic control freak! :P

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

I’m disturbed by the use of “cheeze”, but everything else looks/sounds pretty good actually.

rus
    rus
    Participant

Coremodels said:
    I’m disturbed by the use of “cheeze”, but everything else looks/sounds pretty good actually.

Looks like a perfect fit for the neighborhood.

rus said:

Your sensitivity on this topic leads me to believe that you’re actually a closet vegan. ;)

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

rus said:

Your sensitivity on this topic leads me to believe that you’re actually a closet vegan. ;)

Jman4ever
    Participant

Walker said:

wow. talk about personal attacks.

geoyui
    Participant

Manatee
    Manatee
    Participant

Portia used to come into the health food store where I used to work. She’s a really great, high-energy lady, and she just keeps keepin’ on. Everything of hers that I’ve tried has been great.

This sounds like a nice place. Usually people who are really strict with their dietary choices tend to eat at home more often, both because they like preparing food and because it’s harder for them to find dine-out choices that fit their needs. In this case, Portia’s place sounds like a good dine-out place for health-conscious eaters, whether they need a night off from cooking or they just feel like meeting friends for dinner.

I used to be vegan but these days I eat meat like it’s my job. But I still enjoy eating vegan occasionally, and gluten free makes me feel great. I’ll probably check this place out.

Always like Miriam’s writing.

rus
    rus
    Participant

Jman4ever said:
    wow. talk about personal attacks.

rus
    rus
    Participant

Manatee said:
    Usually people who are really strict with their dietary choices tend to eat at home more often, both because they like preparing food and because it’s harder for them to find dine-out choices that fit their needs.

Manatee
    Manatee
    Participant

I don’t know who that is but I’m sure it’s hilarious!

rus
    rus
    Participant

Manatee said:
    I don’t know who that is but I’m sure it’s hilarious!

*sigh*

http://www.nbc.com/hannibal/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: