Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Port Columbus (CMH) Airport News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Port Columbus (CMH) Airport News & Updates

This topic contains 266 replies, has 68 voices, and was last updated by  BrianCW 3 years ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 256 through 267 (of 267 total)
  • Author
    Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

That Philly price is outstanding, makes a day game for the Phillies completely practical. I priced out a Vegas flight with taxes at just under 200, which is about half what I spend on Southwest…but I really like that Southwest Flight so will probably stick with it.

McFly
    Participant

Maybe, just maybe, if these routes work out Frontier might be the airline that finally adds service to Seattle.

The Las Vegas route is interesting – the trip back to Columbus is apparently a red eye, leaving at midnight (pacific) and arriving in Columbus at 7am (eastern).

Cheers to Frontier for coming back to CMH!

Analogue Kid
    Participant

Maybe, just maybe, if these routes work out Frontier might be the airline that finally adds service to Seattle.

It would be great but I doubt it. F9 flies CLE-SEA only on a seasonal basis and CLE is one of their biggest hubs, so I don’t see them picking up that route.

SEA service will probably come from either recruiting Alaska to expand here or encouraging Delta to add the trip in support of their hub.

JMan
    Participant

We should be planning for rail at the new terminal 15 years down the line.

_calebross
    _calebross
    Participant

Seeking London flights, Port Columbus gets help from Ohio State and the business community
    Evan Weese
    Staff reporter
    Columbus Business First
    April 4th, 2016

Efforts to add nonstop service between Columbus and London are being strengthened by support from Ohio State University and travel data from many of the region’s largest employers.

Representatives of the Columbus Regional Airport Authority and the Columbus Partnership met recently with British Airways officials in London, as they have over the past several years, touting Central Ohio as a thriving metropolitan area that deserves nonstop service to Europe.

READ MORE: http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/news/2016/04/04/seeking-london-flights-port-columbus-gets-help.html (paywalled)

BrianCW
    Participant

Can’t read the article and haven’t heard any additional news since the tv clip in December, but remaining cautiously optimistic…

Brian J. Robinson
    Brian J. Robinson
    Participant

Some pretty cool & recent plane spotting I filmed at KCMH!

[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7lhrBbpyAA?rel=0&controls=0&showinfo=0&w=853&h=480%5D

JAL
    Participant

City_Extension
    Participant

Odds of Columbus getting Asian connections before London? I understand why demand is higher from a business perspective, but a direct flight to a huge European hub would be appreciated.

heresthecasey
    Participant

^^ The real news in that Dispatch article IMO is the talk about Alaska beginning service to Seattle. Hopefully we’ll see that finally announced this year. London is probably a few years away, and nonstop to Asia I would say will likely never happen.

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

The lack of direct flights out of Cbus remains an Achilles Heel. It is good that our city is making efforts to remedy this, one additional flight at a time.

BrianCW
    Participant

Agree w/Casey…the real news is Alaskan’s interest in CMH.

The non-stop to Asia would be great, but that idea, and this article, is all wishful thinking and no where close to happening.

London, I’m hoping, is closer. Although, that may be somewhere btwn soonish and wishful thinking, too…

Viewing 12 posts - 256 through 267 (of 267 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.