Our City Online

Messageboard - Politics

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Polls Show a Bleak Outlook for Ohio Democrats

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Politics Polls Show a Bleak Outlook for Ohio Democrats

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 157 total)
  • Author
    rus
    rus
    Participant

Caught some relevant comments on today’s On Point:

http://www.onpointradio.org/2010/10/week-in-the-news-chile

gk

The latest polls show major democratic statewide candidates continue to trail:

http://www.gongwer-oh.com/programming/news_articledisplay.cfm?article_id=792010204&newsedition_id=7920102&locid=2

Jim Lauwers
    Participant

fire jim tressal

Mercurius
    Participant

Just how bad is it for Dems?

If Kucinich is really in trouble, that means there are 7 seats in play in Ohio alone – all currently held by D’s.

rus
    rus
    Participant

Mercurius wrote >>
    If Kucinich is really in trouble, that means there are 7 seats in play in Ohio alone – all currently held by D’s.

Looks like that poll is still within the margin of error… could go either way.

Still, that’s one poll. RCP is still calling the 10th “Likely Dem”.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2010/house/oh/ohio_10th_district_corrigan_vs_kucinich-1722.html

Mercurius
    Participant

rus wrote >>

Mercurius wrote >>

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2010/house/oh/ohio_10th_district_corrigan_vs_kucinich-1722.html

Notice that one poll is the only poll – thus far, this race hasn’t been on any pundits radar – including RCP. One thing to note on all polling is Pew Research released a study showing that landline only polling is biased towards Republicans by a margin of four to six points. This includes virtually all current polling. This shows all landline polling, including polling with quotas for age and gender, isn’t accurate. Unfortunately for Strickland, the recent Ohio Poll was not landline only.

rus
    rus
    Participant

Mercurius wrote >>

rus wrote >>

Mercurius wrote >>

Notice that one poll is the only poll – thus far, this race hasn’t been on any pundits radar – including RCP. One thing to note on all polling is Pew Research released a study showing that landline only polling is biased towards Republicans by a margin of four to six points. This includes virtually all current polling. This shows all landline polling, including polling with quotas for age and gender, isn’t accurate. Unfortunately for Strickland, the recent Ohio Poll was not landline only.

Gotta wonder then if the Kucinich poll was landline only.

Will say that if the magical elf gets swept out of office… damn. That’s a serious sea-change indicator.

berdawn

I sure hope Lee Fisher is happy that he beat Brunner in the primary.

joev
    Participant

berdawn wrote >>

Do you think Brunner would have been able to win against Portman?

melikecheese
    Participant

Can anyone recommend a good description of Kasich vs Strickland with some specifics on actual plans or ideas?

I might actually want to place a republican vote this year, maybe, that whole get ride of income tax sounds like a terrible idea once I look beyond that number deducted from my paycheck.

Trixie
    Participant

Kasich will ruin this state if he is elected. I beg everyone that is leaning towards him to do your research. I weep for the future of this country if Republicans take over.

berdawn

joev wrote >>

berdawn wrote >>

Do you think Brunner would have been able to win against Portman?

I’m not sure. In pre-primary polls, she was shown to be able to do so (Fisher wasn’t).

joev
    Participant

Brunner is so shrill and polarizing, though. I think Tim Ryan should have run for the seat. He’s the only Democrat I can think of that could have beat Portman.

rus
    rus
    Participant

melikecheese wrote >>
    Can anyone recommend a good description of Kasich vs Strickland with some specifics on actual plans or ideas?
    I might actually want to place a republican vote this year, maybe, that whole get ride of income tax sounds like a terrible idea once I look beyond that number deducted from my paycheck.

Might be something in here. Haven’t seen a lot of details from either side, though.

berdawn

joev wrote >>
    Brunner is so shrill and polarizing, though. I think Tim Ryan should have run for the seat. He’s the only Democrat I can think of that could have beat Portman.

I think anyone running as a Democrat is polarizing at this time. I’ve been pretty happy with her as SoS (especially considering her predecessor) but I’m not familiar with Ryan; I’ll find out more. Shrill seems to be something thrown only at women so maybe you can offer another adjective?

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 157 total)

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

KEEP LOCAL JOURNALISM HEALTHY.

Local journalism is more important than ever. Please take a moment to read a bit about our mission and consider financially supporting our cause.

CLICK HERE